VALUE

Name
Ron lippold
With all the good stuff on this board why are not more guys or girls doing a better job, not charging more,

and why are there sooooooooo many people how do not post.

If you decrease the knowledge deficit it will pay off

Name
Ron lippold
well 40 cents a sq ft and up 48-50 on per capital income

I tell a good story and give better service

To get off the bottom you could start by thinking you are worth more

Name
steve snail
forty cents per sq ft, empty or full of furniture???? What is the hourly rate you strive for, cleaning only, treatments additional?

Name
Ron lippold
don't kid your self been doing this since 1991

you could do better if you didn't hate and be accountable to your self and you would not ask things like that

Name
Ron lippold
I'm like the wind I'll blow in and you wont even know

except your banker will be wanting his money

o wait I'll help you

Mikey P

Administrator
Dual-method carpet cleaning

by Jeff Cross

All too often, a carpet cleaning project doesn't go as well as originally anticipated.

You spend a large amount of time cleaning the carpet, using the right equipment and chemicals, and it looks better, but just not good enough.

After the job is completely dry, the appearance is simply not acceptable.

When this happens, it's time to think outside the box.

Dual methods

Furniture cleaners often use dual methods of cleaning because they have to be concerned with the chemical reaction on delicate fibers and dyes.

They might use a shampoo solution with high agitation (that which is appropriate to the fabric), and then use hot water extraction to rinse loosened soils.

The result is a superb cleaning job. You can do the same for virtually any carpet, especially those with heavy, ground-in soils.

You can use a shampoo solution with a rotary scrubber, and then follow it up with hot water extraction.

Or, you can use hot water extraction and follow that up with absorbent or oscillating pad cleaning.

The tremendous cleaning results of doing this come mainly from the extra agitation and soil suspension.

And in the case of the absorbant or oscillating pad cleaning after hot water extraction, you have not only more agitation but also more soil extraction.

More than one tech

When using dual-method cleaning, a two-man team is smart.

It is difficult for one person to be cost-effective when having to switch from one cleaning method to another.

With two people, one can start cleaning with one method while the other moves furniture, sets up cleaning solutions and prepares the next method.

This way, no time is lost.

Cleaning is always taking place in the home or business, with no downtime.

Encap and HWE

Gaining popularity is the use of encapsulation cleaning as a stand-alone system, but also as a cleaning method to be used after hot water extraction.

When a carpet is heavily soiled, and hot water extraction cleaning is used, the well-known problem of "wicking" means an unsatisfactory job after drying occurs.

Running an encapsulation system a day or two after the wicking occurs makes the cleaning job successful.

You need to anticipate this and work with the problem instead of hoping it doesn't happen.

Wicking is going to happen on any carpet after it is wet cleaned... what matters is what wicks to the surface.

Is it cleaning residues alone, or cleaning residues full of soil that weren't removed in the original cleaning?

If it is the latter, the carpet will look soiled after it dries, even if you think you removed a huge amount of soil.

Many cleaners are utilizing encapsulation rinses, which will leave behind a better residue and help hinder unwanted wicking of soils.

Extra agitation

Don't forget that - even if you use dual-method cleaning - using extra agitation techniques will also give you better results.

The simple use of a carpet rake after applying preconditioner can easily double your cleaning results because the detergent effectiveness is increased and soil suspension is enhanced, making your hot water extraction (if that is your method of cleaning) much better.

The use of a electric-powered cylindrical brush will work detergents into the carpet pile, cutting down on actual cleaning time and also increasing soil removal.

And, best of all, more soil removal means less wicking and less callbacks for recleaning.

GRHeacock

A dual system is worth more money than a
single system.

A triple system would be worth more than a dual system.

I would charge 35 cents for residential Truck Mount work.

Post bonneting would add 5 cents a sq ft.

Adding pre- and post bonneting would add 10 to 15 cents a sq ft.

An easy way to increase your bottom line.

Gary

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'm happy with where I'm at charging $0.33 per foot. I'm not giving all the bells and whistles at this price, but a good job is done. It gets me around $80 to $100 per hour consistently and I'm happy with that. I do need more jobs though.

JohnnyV

Yeah, what Dirk said....

Just explain it to your Customers like this "Ma'am if I took my Balls out to the play ground and got them all dirty I'd have to wash them. Now say I put my balls under the shower and just squirted soap on them and let the shower rinse off my balls would they be cleaner? Yes they would but they wouldn't be thoroughly clean. I'd need to scrub my balls after applying some soap and then rinse them. Now I know my balls are clean and will be ready to take them out and play with them again. Taking a Towel and rubbing my balls off will actually remove a bit more dirt. Same thing with your Carpet. If I don't come in and scrub your balls before rinsing them. You're not going to have really clean balls.....Carpet that is....All this takes extra time and as you already know, time is money.So you tell me, do you want your Balls.....I mean Carpet, really clean?"

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I'd say forget price psf or room and look at hourly rates. I don't dual method unless it's cgd and do hwe. Rx for me at least, is a dual method machine done in one step (agitate and extract). Only a few times have I finished a job thinking it could have been done better. Works for me. Believe it or not there are a lot of good cleaners out there that do a very good job for lower price. Take Ken Snow's co. for instance. I bet they provide a good service and have a lot of satisfied customers.

A few days ago I went to Angie's list to see my competitors pricing. I was surprised at the lower priced guys with very good ratings. Only 2 I would consider are at the higher prices and they too have some great reviews.

Albert

A

anspach

ah you know what... I could go on and on about what I charge - but Terry would not believe me anyway and I dont want to get into a pissing match with the rest of you - I'll just say is more than most but not as much as some...

and Terry (er ODIN) just bought me a Prochem Blazer - truck # 2 so I guess I'm doing OK

...sorry just not ready for the booster yet.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Is that Darlene posing as Mikey up there with that long multiple enter key post?

Does the guy who started this thread get off on picking fights vs asking serious questions & does he know how to write a coherent sentence?

Ken

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Ken Snow said:
Does the guy who started this thread get off on picking fights vs asking serious questions & does he know how to write a coherent sentence?

here here.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Some folks can't figure out it's not what you charge per sf
It's how much you gross an hour.

The single wand outfit that stays busy averaging 750sf per hour @.25 sf
Makes more that the "highroller" that does 350sf per hour @.50

And you got some sCampoo geeks grossing over $200 per hour @.10 SF

You tell me who the "smart" ones are??

It's not about how much you charge
It's about how much you "make" and how happy you make your custys

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I would agree with Larry with one caveat. It is how much you net, not how much you gross. At the end of the day, profit is the key indicator, not gross.

Ken

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Danny Strickland said:
so i guess i'm a high roller according to Ken and Larree???

No, you're a sCampoo gEEk!

And stop using my name on the Blue Board, or I'll take a bus to that swamp you call home and try my hand at catchin' gators.

WITH YOU AS BAIT!

..L.T.A.

Greenie

Don't kid yourself for a second, there is a point where you are just plain cheap, and are actually hurting our industry.

Discount pricing is the bane of our industry.

If you really think your shit don't stick, then charge a decent rate, if you can't manage that, then just accept the term hack and shut your mouth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom