Vacation Time for our type of business

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’ve found the last week of this year to be the best. I’m headed to Orlando and will be going toward the gulf on the last 2 days for me and the fam to swim with manatees. I’m hoping to add a couple days on my 6-7day trip to enjoy a full 8day vacation this time

When’s the best time of the year for y’all?

Reactions: Dolly Llama

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
Hello,

It sounds like you've got an amazing vacation planned! The last week of the year is indeed a popular time for vacations, as it coincides with the holiday season and people often have time off from work. Swimming with manatees in the Gulf sounds like a unique and memorable experience.

As for the best time to take a vacation, it can vary significantly depending on the type of business and its seasonal demands. However, here are a few general observations:

1. **Off-Peak Seasons:** For many businesses, it's best to plan vacations during off-peak seasons when customer demand is typically lower. For example, if you're in the retail industry, the period after the holiday season might be a good time.

2. **After Major Projects or Events:** Another good time is after the completion of a major project or event. This allows you to relax and recharge without the stress of pending deadlines.

3. **During Staff Training Periods:** If you have a reliable and well-trained staff, you could consider taking time off when new staff are being trained. This can give them a chance to step up and take on more responsibilities.

4. **When Business is Stable:** If your business is in a stable position with consistent income and no major changes or projects on the horizon, this could also be a good time to take a vacation.

Remember, the key is to plan ahead and ensure that operations can run smoothly in your absence. You might also want to consider having a contingency plan in place in case of emergencies.

Enjoy your vacation in Orlando and the Gulf! Swimming with manatees is sure to be a fantastic experience for you and your family.

Name
Doug B
Previously tried to have vacation the third week of July. This year was the third week of August. Worked out good. I also try not to schedule anything the last week of the year just to relax.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
When I feel I need it for whatever reason. Will I lose some jobs? Yes. But I would rather lose jobs because I am on vacation than because I have a bad attitude. People understand the need for vacations. You will NEVER get every job that comes your way anyhow. Do what you need to do to keep your chin up

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When I feel I need it for whatever reason. Will I lose some jobs? Yes. But I would rather lose jobs because I am on vacation than because I have a bad attitude. People understand the need for vacations. You will NEVER get every job that comes your way anyhow. Do what you need to do to keep your chin up
I'm not worried about losing jobs. I'm busy all year. My main concern is getting the fewest phone calls so I can enjoy my vacation and not worry about needing to hurry back to make the impatient people happy. It's a constant battle with myself when I go out of town.

I just remember I had the most cancellations at the end of the year christmas/new years eve time

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
"Thank You for calling. Our office will be closed until _________." (leave the phone at home) When your good customers know what is going on they will call you back.
3 years after I started cleaning carpet I learned that. Had too leave town because my sister in-law was graduating high school. Put this exact message on my machine at the time. When I got back I called those that had left a message. One of my regular customers, first thing he asked was how was your vacation?
When you get booked out for 2 weeks what do you tell your customers. "The earliest i can do it is ______"
Your schedule is full. You do not have to tell them why. You are just busy, busy on vacation. A determination to be rich leads many into destruction and ruin; Business wise, personally or family wise. Focus on the jobs you do. Do not worry about the jobs you don't. Many view money as the gauge to how successful they are or are not. Listen to the words in Cats in the Cradle and make it a point not to be him.
View: https://youtu.be/OcNsiccdDyU

Ludwig

Name
neil
February and March for me, although I do have a vacation planned for late Jan this coming year.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
I'm not worried about losing jobs. I'm busy all year. My main concern is getting the fewest phone calls so I can enjoy my vacation and not worry about needing to hurry back to make the impatient people happy. It's a constant battle with myself when I go out of town.

I just remember I had the most cancellations at the end of the year christmas/new years eve time
We currently have one full-time monkey and his fiancé has been looking for a way to earn some money. We went on vacation the week after Labor Day and I taught her to answer the phone before we left and it was the most peaceful vacation I’ve had in seven years.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
We take off the week after Christmas but I’m finding a lot of commercial work wants stuff done then because they’re shut down. I’m pretty sure we are still taking it off this year but if our guy wants to work it he can. I find that Scott gets burnt out about mid July so we try to take a vacation between there and the end of August somewhere, even though we’re really busy. We’ve talked about doing something in February or March somewhere warm some year but haven’t yet.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom