UV light

sassyotto

Name
Paul
so I was on a carpet cleaning Facebook group and a guy named Chris Howell specializes in carpet dying. He also has been posting videos on removing tough stains with a 300Watt UV Light either by itself or using a peroxide spotter like Proxi. He said he was working with a company to mass produce them for him to sell and asked if anyone would be interested.

It seemed like something I could add to the toolbox so I said I was interested in buying one. He sends me an invoice for $300. After a little research I find one that looks exactly the same on Amazon and write him to ask what the difference is between his and the one on Amazon (priced at 2 pack for $189) and he says the spectrum and temperature are different.

Since I am not knowledgeable on this I have two questions.

1. Is it possible that the spectrum and temperature are different?
  2. Do these work on difficult spots as he claims?

Reactions: SamIam

FredC

Village Idiot
Is it possible? Sure. Does he list a specific spectrum?

Yes UV will accelerate an oxidizer...edit: probably some old Larry Cobb threads here demonstrating

*it's unlikely that he has these manufactured to any particular wavelength. Just an alibaba special like you see on amazon

Last edited:

sassyotto

Name
Paul
thats the one I was looking at that seems similar. Just wondered if anyone here uses one of these for spot removal

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Why do these goobers always have the same voice? Is that Chris' voice? If it's Paul's, I'm sorry for saying that,

Last edited:

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton

The DCI Light has been around for a long time. I looked at possibly getting one 15 years ago.

Luky

Name
Mario
sassyotto:
so I was on a carpet cleaning Facebook group and a guy named Chris Howell specializes in carpet dying. He also has been posting videos on removing tough stains with a 300Watt UV Light either by itself or using a peroxide spotter like Proxi. He said he was working with a company to mass produce them for him to sell and asked if anyone would be interested.
It seemed like something I could add to the toolbox so I said I was interested in buying one. He sends me an invoice for $300. After a little research I find one that looks exactly the same on Amazon and write him to ask what the difference is between his and the one on Amazon (priced at 2 pack for $189) and he says the spectrum and temperature are different.
View attachment 126760
sassyotto:
I don't want to speculate about UV spectrum of anyone magic black light.

I've done a few jobs with mine . It seems the one in the video is quite powerful since it was taken in daylight. I don't have enough info to justify the $300 price tag.
I took a picture of a working black light ($60) with incandescent lights on.

20240404_234345.jpg

Name
Nate W.
Like the famous Chinese Magician Mr. Foo Ling Yu..

Another friend who took Chris's dye class said that Chris has his dye pots custom-built.. If you consider switching quick connects a custom build, then so be it.. My friend found the pot on Amazon..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom