USING A SLIDE IN FOR UPHOLSTERY

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Do you use full throttle or half speed?

I know of a local cleaner who uses his full bore when cleaning furniture.

Will running half speed with an air cooled unit damage it?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They told me that it would put stress on the pump by running the motor at a lower RPM on my white magic.

I have no idea if that is true or not.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Walrus said:
Will running half speed with an air cooled unit damage it?

Not sure.
Guess it would be contingent on temps, airflow and the clusterfooked/closed space shrouding around the engine.

we run at normal throttle, which is appx 85% of MAX RPM

Not only for cooling reasons, but also for engine load concerns
Takes a fair amount of ponies to run a pump and spin a 45 and up blower at 14hg.

an UPL tool restricts a lot of CFM to start with.
Now cover the tiny wand slot with fabric and watch the HG's rise to max relief valve settings.
Even with a vac relief valve on the tool screaming/whistling away, the HG is still a significant load on the motor.

depending on the blower/engine combo, running near or at peak torque curve would be essential for some TMs and probably not a bad idea for all of 'em

ya think???

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Doug Cox said:
I run mine at 1700 rpms for upholstery and around 2250 for carpet.

you have a water cooled engine with plenty HP capacity and different torque curve, Doug.

The typical air cooled, twin cylinder TM on the market today doesn't have an over abundance of HP capacity

I'll see if I can google up the HP torque curve/RMP range on a Briggs and Kohler in the 20 to 25HP range

..L.T.A.

Take the restrictor plate off and clean my friend. A rebuild kit for a pump is around 400 bucks and needed about every 5 yrs with good maintance. Im sure the amount of money earned would absorbe that cost.

I have units 10 years old and running strong. Air cooled engines have a life around 5000 hours and 1200 bucks buys a new one or if you like have it overhauled for around 700.

I became a carpet cleaner to only become a mechanic , it seems with 7 trucks and 7 units im always getting greasy. It comes with the job.

Back
Top Bottom