Understanding the Benefits of Encapsulation Cleaning

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Always found just using a crb lacking. At first I started doing it in my home to monitor the effects of after. Usually did it in winter. But it seemed that after a couple weeks it began to get dirty again. I did the prevac and post vac the next day too. I can see getting away with it for one time customers or fairly clean carpet but a TM will blow it away.

Reactions: Mikey P

J Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
J Brown, great job mate.

Also, very good & refreshing to see two photos of the same area taken from exactly the same spot identical to the original photo.

Taking photos like the above really shows the difference which many never take into consideration.

Am I correct in surmising that after vacuuming, you then pre-spray the carpet prior to agitation & extraction with the CRB??

May I also ask what product you used??

We probably don't get it down under. :(

:yoda:
Thanks Shorty,
Yes, I vacuumed, pre sprayed with Procyon Extreme and agitated and extracted with the crb.
I have a recovery tray on the back side of the machine which I had to empty a few times.

Reactions: Shorty

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Ive actually done this for a house job that i house cleaned regularly once every two weeks...resoiling is normal and spots are easy to remove still. The last 2 guys did the HWE left several area with some bad wicking, very grey and super crunchy.. I was able remove it, all pet stains, drink stain(organic and synthetic). Its now been 6 mos...just normal resoiling, no different from hwe, for people who never vacuum their carpet except the house cleaner, me. Point is... it is never machine(s) fault, it always the operator fault.

J Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Always found just using a crb lacking. At first I started doing it in my home to monitor the effects of after. Usually did it in winter. But it seemed that after a couple weeks it began to get dirty again. I did the prevac and post vac the next day too. I can see getting away with it for one time customers or fairly clean carpet but a TM will blow it away.

I kind of felt the same way about the crb Jimmy, but then I started reading reviews of companies that use crb's as their method of cleaning and I had a hard time finding anything bad said about the cleaning.

I also did my own testing and talked to a few friends that are now using crb's as their stand alone cleaning method and learned from their experience as well, so it's about the chem's the right brushes and technique, I use very little compound and have been very happy with the results on residential, for commercial I'll use the cimex, op or dual speed rotary,the weight of these machines makes a difference in the cleaning.

Reactions: Shorty

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I love the compounds, it really helps in lot of areas. It allows me to use less chems and helps it dries fast.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I still don't believe it works in a residential setting. Talking about encap/shampoos. My finding are it resoils quicker than using HWE.
And I used crystallizers. I guess the bias opinion comes in for those who believe all of the marketing BS. I saw it myself and did the research and saw the results without bias.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
@Jimmy L. I can see why it would resoil...not unlike the HWE, if the carpet left to high of alkaline, it soils faster. If you use the 9-10ph encap, you still want to compound it which is a 5 ph. That probably why you are seeing resoiling at quicker rate if you didnt balance it out. This where compound shines.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
@Jimmy L. I can see why it would resoil...not unlike the HWE, if the carpet left to high of alkaline, it soils faster. If you use the 9-10ph encap, you still want to compound it which is a 5 ph. That probably why you are seeing resoiling at quicker rate if you didnt balance it out. This where compound shines.

With all due respect... That is full of misstatements and half truths.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Well lets agree to disagree. Compound/encap works great just like HWE. I for one, refuse to allow myself to be ignorant to the subject and show favoritism to a paticular method.

Name
Nate W.
Using a interim commercial cleaning application in a residential setting is just baffling to me... Yes it may work, but is it the right thing to do?

Comes down to a moral compass IMHO...

Nothing about being close minded...

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Using a interim commercial cleaning application in a residential setting is just baffling to me... Yes it may work, but is it the right thing to do?

Comes down to a moral compass IMHO...

Nothing about being close minded...

Ok, why it immoral to do it in residential? The way I see it, i do better than the 90% HWE guys that does a bad job leaving the carpet a septic swamp that doesnt dry for days.... Only less than 10% does it right according to Mike..... Likewise, same can be said with vlm doing bad job... Oh boy, the argument getting quiet circular..

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Vlm rocks!.gif

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Compare it to a Kirby salesman in your home using his Scott's Lab shampoo thru his vacuum. Same thing but you're using a different machine. Yes it will work but you need to actually clean the largest filter in the home. HWE works like a washing machine in that it rinses that filter and cleans it while VLM will just scatter the dirt around.

Someone made a video that showed a wand cutting thru a recently VLMed carpet and what a difference!

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I agree with concept hwe as washing machine...however, if done wrong makes it worthless likwise with vlm methods. Also, one has to assume that all fiber are created equal...else carpet should be washed on weekly basis just the hair on someone head or clothes on someone back...impractical still..thats why i said vacuuming is king in carpet care...what makes it better is having protectors applied.

as for that vlm video, there are vlm videos fixing the hwe screw ups...

That why i alway say. .its always the user fault, not the method or machine fault...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have to disagree as it just boils down to physics. HWE removes more dirt. VLM is just an "Appearance" management method.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I have to disagree as it just boils down to physics. HWE removes more dirt. VLM is just an "Appearance" management method.
I agree with the physics, water is ultimate power, one the strongest forces on this planet...only less than 10% of carpet cleaner does it right....

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
It could... I have janitorial accounts that i do tonight...i dont get home til 130am-2am.

Name
Nate W.
When you want to base your cleaning abilities to what your competition currently provides, so be it.. You feel like your "providing a better cleaning & environment" because "AAA-PPP cleaning company's" don't do it right, that's up to you.. Does it make it right?!? Not in my book..

Using a method of cleaning that IS intended for Commerical Carpet in a residential setting isn't correct.. I don't care how you choose to manipulate your current cleaning abilities or position..

Bottom line is if you make money doing it your way, who cares right?!?

People who actually know right from wrong.. Educated people who took the time to learn there industry.. Nothing about being close minded about it..

Look at @Desk Jockey "King of Cimex's" ask him if he'd vlm a residential carpet, hell ask @Mikey P ..

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
If you get shit on your hands, how will you clean them?
You rinse it...doesnt mean that there shit on the rest of your body, unless you shower because after you taking dump and get a little turd on your hands....any good good CC should have HWE machine, whether it a TM, portable or spotter machine...

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
When you want to base your cleaning abilities to what your competition currently provides, so be it.. You feel like your "providing a better cleaning & environment" because "AAA-PPP cleaning company's" don't do it right, that's up to you.. Does it make it right?!? Not in my book..

Using a method of cleaning that IS intended for Commerical Carpet in a residential setting isn't correct.. I don't care how you choose to manipulate your current cleaning abilities or position..

Bottom line is if you make money doing it your way, who cares right?!?

People who actually know right from wrong.. Educated people who took the time to learn there industry.. Nothing about being close minded about it..

Look at @Desk Jockey "King of Cimex's" ask him if he'd vlm a residential carpet, hell ask @Mikey P ..
Why even use it at all even if its intended for commercial setting? If it isnt good for one carpet, it cant be good for any carpet... After going with @Mikey P. To Sambos even i said that a vlm would not stand a chance in that situation and i would be begging for a 360i to clean it..again i am not ignorant to the methods, its cause and effects. But i will not jump on the bandwagon and knock the vlm around...they all do great job all depending on the cleaner abilities to provide it..

Name
Nate W.
A home is a home.. Kids don't roll around, put their faces down into commerical carpets.. You just want to justify why you do it.. That's fine, but don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining..:winky:

The environment is different between the 2.. If you can't see that, then no point in continuing a conversation..

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
...don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining..:winky:
Semantics...

From what i have seen... When you only clean a home once every 18 to 3 years.. Its irrelevant, the damage is already done and the kids have been rolling around in pig sty... As i said before i have been house cleaning since i was 8 in both middle class home and multi million dollor homes... They dont care... If they did, they would have it done every 8 mos...but they dont. In my observation, they carpet only stay clean after HWE for about 6 mos, more if with protectors. I found that vlm was similiar. This debate is subjective riddled with conjectures, i am no different.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Someone made a video that showed a wand cutting thru a recently VLMed carpet and what a difference!
I would bet thousands that if you went and Encaped that same carpet the following day, you could make the Encap look night and day difference.

We are not method cleaners. We best apply the system or systems that will deliver the best results for the projects.

I believe you HWE to flush out all the crap and then you should be able to maintain appearance with OP or Encap with Cimex.

Flushing only those areas that receive heavy tracked in soil periodically.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom