Trying not to be a hack.........

TimP

I personally think it's fine and you did what you could.

A 175 may of scrubbed better. And stronger chems may of yeilded a slightly better result. Traffic areas are going to look gray due to the wear on the fiber. There are a couple spots that maybe spot cleaning might of helped but you are the only one who would know by testing the spots with you spotting chemicals.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
is it olie/poly or nylon?

never used Powermax so i haven't a clue whether it's worth a chit or not

Here's something I've learned over the years of banging out student rentals and sec 8s, though

some salvage rags come out like new, most come out acceptable and some won't budge no matter what you use or do.

..L.T.A.

G

I would use a powered oxy with the prespray,then use the 40 after,on all the tougher stains(you can leave it to continue working)even better if you could come back,but not always nessesary or feasable.Looks a hell of a lot better though.

It looks to me like it's probably about as good as you are going to get it. Like KP said above, a 175 scrub MIGHT have given you a slight improvement, but probably not enough to warrant taking the machine off the truck.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Powerburst and a 40 volume additive would have nuked the place.

So far I am not impressed with the powermax.

TimP

I've used powerburst in places like that and not been impressed.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I would have hit it with Powerburst/break/flex, etc. Maybe even boosted with oxy-plus.

TimP said:

Your kidding...I hope...LMAO If you dont like please send what you got left.

Powerburst is the shit and I ve used every board chem on here and Grease Eraser is right up there too.

BTW you just lost board credibility.

TimP

C Pennington said:
TimP said:

Your kidding...I hope...LMAO If you dont like please send what you got left.

Powerburst is the shit and I ve used every board chem on here and Grease Eraser is right up there too.

BTW you just lost board credibility.

I was just saying powerburt can't fix everything. And if you say it does then you lost board credibility. I didn't say it isn't good for rat nasty carpet. Its just not a miricle detergent that can fix all carpet. Some crap don't come out.

TimP

Powerburst is a good cleaner. I was saying I've used it and not gotten a place here and there clean to my satisfaction, especially in residential situations I found it just didn't cut it sometimes. I find it does better on CGD carpet in restaraunt situations, that's where it shines in my opinion. It's not the best for all situations and it's not some miricle cleaner. Different dirt needs different chems. I prefer Judson O2 and powermax in residential, that's just me.

I actually just ordered 2 tubs of prozyme and 2 tubs of extreme clean to try. I'm always trying new chems. So far Judson O2 is my go to, with the modifier judson o2 does better in residential in my opinion.

Ernie G

I think your results are likely way better than expected, but we always wonder if we could have done better. I guess you might be able to clean it again and do better, but I think they got their moneys worth.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I agree its the local soils that determine if anything works.

While powerburst and 40 volume have done miracles for me with adequate dwell time I can see how that georgia RED clay would give you problems.

Bob Foster

Like a lot of others have said I think more aggressive agitation would have done the trick.

Name
Jesse
Looks good, It's obvious there's lots of wear there so you not getting a lot better no matter what you do.

But I would have used a 175, and after cleaning then: Gravity fed some hot knife with a 3m carpet pad (or pad of choice) mixed heavy and boosted with more peroxide than you'd agree with, then a dry cotton padding.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Walrus said:
I agree its the local soils that determine if anything works.

While powerburst and 40 volume have done miracles for me with adequate dwell time I can see how that georgia RED clay would give you problems.

so you are saying that you mix them???

i must be retarded because the last time i mixed them i got a big time foam bath..my pump up sprayer started to overflow pretty fast and i had to
dump it in the bushes..scared the shit out of me..
what did i do wrong?
i mixed the powerburst at 4oz per gallon and put a few glugs of 30 vol in it and away it went...

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I would have added a solvent, like d'lim or Energy.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

Except for Iron Oxide deposits...I do carpets like these everyday....rental turnovers.

Before you start ...carpets dry...try Rust Assassin on Iron Oxide spots.

Prespray with ProChem PowerBurst...3 scoops per gal
OP or rotary agitation
extract with Rotovac or RX20
any spots left.... OP with HotKnife with Spot & Boost kicker.
Dry pad with OP

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
pile lift, vac, flood the place with ultrapak boosted with orange magic r, 175 with a concrete brush, rinse with slurry, hel-gel ready as well as powersolve and air path the bitch when I am done to amaze the pm

that is the nuke special

GRHeacock

My opinion- needed more agitation rather than stronger chemicals.

I agree with the above posters who say a 175 roto or other strong scrubber machine, then HWE, then post pad with a cotton bonnet to pick up the dissolved and dislodged but unremoved soils.

The soils are deeply embedded in the fibers, and need to be dug out. This requires mechanical agitation.

There is also the wear factor, especially in front of the sofa, where people turn and sit, dogs lie at people's feet, etc.

Putting a bleach on embedded dirt does not really help, and high flow with HWE does not give enough mechanical agitation.

Gary

G

The scrub part was a given,what did you spray down on the 2nd pass?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom