Travel charges ?

-JB-

Name
JB
Do you?
If so what and why?

Personally, no.
After all, how can you do the job if you don't travel to it?
IMO, work it in.

If we get a job that's outside our normal radius, we have a higher minimum order, people seem to be fine with that, and most times it's not an issue of order size anyhow.

How bout U ?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I'm like you. The farther away the job the higher the minimum. I'll go anywhere for a big enough job.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I charge 40.00 over the limit which is somewhere between 20 and 25 miles depending on the direction of traffic in correlation to the time of day. If its over 50 miles the trip charge goes up, and so on!

Name
BradFenstermaker
We don't charge a trip fee. My computer repair man does though. 18 bucks to knock on the door.

I will add a little to sqft price if it is out of normal area.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I'm with you John~ it seems insulting to charge a travel fee. We do have a higher minimum like others said if more than about 40 miles away.

Ken

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I don't insult my customers though, I just factor it into the quote, I don't tell them there is a trip charge. But I make sure I get paid for the time and gas.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was emailed off my website for a quote. I live in BC, the guy lived in Ontario. He missed the Service Area on my site. I gave him a rough est of about $200 for the cleaning and about $2000 for travel. He said he choked until he read where I lived. Got a good laugh!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
$15-$20 outside the south shore I have a 8 or 9 towns around me no charge anything beyond $15 if I have to cross into boston or north $20.00

I am not insulting anyone, they can choose to use someone else. they figure it mathematically what they want or they can choose me for my superior service.. I am still the best priced with the travel added in, but I am not going to drive 45 minutes for free an hour and half for $20 I think is more than reasonable

GRHeacock

I would service the 3 main counties around Portland without an additional trip charge. But outside of them, yes, $25.00 to $50.00 and line item the trip charge.

Gary

minuteman

In a WD job its $165.oo to show up and it is always added in to the end price plus .45cent a mile on all trips. On cleaning its added into the estimate stright up, it takes a lot of cash flow to run a rig, so if you like a dollar in your pocket at the end of a week you better start charging.

Greg

Name
Jesse
City jobs no way. The far one's we add it to the quote. I think calling it a trip charge may make people think of calling someone closer. If my price is higher it's because we do better work. :wink:

kpip

mileage

i charge 50 cents a mile round trip, for anything more than 15 miles away. got to with gas prices so high

-JB-

Name
JB
Isn't gas cheaper in Texas? What with all the oil fields and George W? :lol:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
on the subject of go anywhere....

i travel to bakersfield CA. from Utah.....they pay my expenses, and i charge my normal price for what i do...take about 16 hrs (3 days of 5 or so hrs) to do the job, and i get a nice break

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We had circles on a map showing various distances from our office. Places further away had a higher minimum fee, but no trip charge.

At times I traveled nearly 100 miles but the minimum job that far out was $750. Once we had three neighbors book together and went 62 miles for $800+ combined for the three homes.

Scott Warrington

-JB-

Name
JB
GOOD LORD!
THAT'S SOME TRAVEL TIME!

on the subject of go anywhere....

i travel to bakersfield CA. from Utah.....they pay my expenses, and i charge my normal price for what i do...take about 16 hrs (3 days of 5 or so hrs) to do the job, and i get a nice break

Obviously must be a good job.

I was wondering how many others travel as such, cleaners, not inspectors.

I got asked to go to Ohio once by a client that moved. She said I could stay with her, and bring my kids to go to a nearby theme park. YEAH RIGHT! I didn't like working for her when she was here, like I'm gonna travel 4-5 hrs, to see her again, RIIIGGGHHHTTT, I was gonna go, but I decided to go to the proctologist instead, it would be more enjoyable!

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
Ron Werner said :
I was emailed off my website for a quote. I live in BC, the guy lived in Ontario. He missed the Service Area on my site. I gave him a rough est of about $200 for the cleaning and about $2000 for travel. He said he choked until he read where I lived. Got a good laugh!

Hey Ron,
that was weird. It made me think about what my Uncle , who lives in Winnipeg, He says that he lives in a safe place. No terrorist knows where Winnipeg is. Let alone the provinces of Canada. I had a Customer ask me what provinces were? And another time we were asked in a large auditorium in Houston Texas , who was born in North America?
One lady stood up and said , you forgot to ask who was born in Canada.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom