time to improve

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
It's time to reflect and see how we can improve and set goals for this year.

I am looking at

lowering new customer acquisition cost
business credit cards that will earn more points and kickbacks
detailing vans and replacing worn equipment or tools
reviews
credit card processing services that may charge less fees or percentage

training and keeping employees happy

let me know what you're working on and lets build a bigger list

Reactions: Giorgio

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I’m actually going to advertise carpet repairs.
I did this little stretch and seam today. Added $150 to the ticket. 16E106D9-FABC-4F9E-BCD5-43234661ACE0.jpeg

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I’m getting better at time management
Slow here Jan, Feb, 1/2 of March. With cold weather and not scrambling to the next job, I actually get to watch the couch dry, as I do other work. Cold weather,using the heat inside, burping the house and air movement. These 2 couches took a while to clean and I had them teepeed to dry. After an hour of speed drying with all the right conditions, Im glad i checked and flipped sides. Not sure how that would have dried if I just left them as they were.
68682DB9-F76D-4980-AB89-0346899DE76F.jpeg

Then more cotton rug, and this couch from Pottery Barn. Linen. Cleans well with max effort, with exeptions of permanent stains.

2F554FF4-E737-4167-898F-B0E6E517348E.jpeg

Then linen bed frame which cleaned well (before and after)
BB6D2B21-0EFB-4F2D-A807-77FCBAA913A5_4_5005_c.jpeg
476B1250-ED00-4736-9BF5-9C933893DD45.jpeg

Multiple trips to this vacant house for this job. Would have crushed me during the season.

Time Management is the key word. I am planning on looking at my post March jobs that will call again and see if I can knock off a few of them this winter instead. At that time I will at least book the 5 stars for the busy season so I dont get hung up on a house like this all day and miss them.

BUT, the thing that is getting my attention is all these countertops. Same house.
Multi surface cleaning and polishing could be the growth here for me.
4D9A678B-062F-44F7-B53A-2164504E0B91.jpeg
C95F0AA1-5183-4BB4-B9E0-312816D31241.jpeg

Reactions: Giorgio

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Slow here Jan, Feb, 1/2 of March. With cold weather and not scrambling to the next job, I actually get to watch the couch dry, as I do other work. Cold weather,using the heat inside, burping the house and air movement. These 2 couches took a while to clean and I had them teepeed to dry. After an hour of speed drying with all the right conditions, Im glad i checked and flipped sides. Not sure how that would have dried if I just left them as they were.
View attachment 120155

Then more cotton rug, and this couch from Pottery Barn. Linen. Cleans well with max effort, with exeptions of permanent stains.

View attachment 120156

Then linen bed frame which cleaned well (before and after)
View attachment 120157
View attachment 120158

Multiple trips to this vacant house for this job. Would have crushed me during the season.

Time Management is the key word. I am planning on looking at my post March jobs that will call again and see if I can knock off a few of them this winter instead. At that time I will at least book the 5 stars for the busy season so I dont get hung up on a house like this all day and miss them.

BUT, the thing that is getting my attention is all these countertops. Same house.
Multi surface cleaning and polishing could be the growth here for me.
View attachment 120159
View attachment 120160
You had me on board until you started talking about countertop polishing I’d rather drop a brick on my peter.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
You had me on board until you started talking about countertop polishing I’d rather drop a brick on my peter.
Yeah, probably true. Did this job start to finish yesterday. 3 sectionals, lounge chair, 2 sets of stairs, 3 large rugs. An awesome new tech was able to keep up with double wanding. Double major in Bio and Chemistry, home for break. Has a serving job at high end restaraunt after cleaning with me. So nice to know there are still go getters out there. My improvement thoughts for today is to find another good tech(or 2) and keep on this train.

A7B98527-A2BD-44BE-AC20-E316EB7299BF.jpeg
B49C35E3-24F2-48C7-AADB-F6D73B3F897F.jpeg
00E629E1-E490-4BD7-A771-77559F2F5DEF.jpeg

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Yeah, probably true. Did this job start to finish yesterday. 3 sectionals, lounge chair, 2 sets of stairs, 3 large rugs. An awesome new tech was able to keep up with double wanding. Double major in Bio and Chemistry, home for break. Has a serving job at high end restaraunt after cleaning with me. So nice to know there are still go getters out there. My improvement thoughts for today is to find another good tech(or 2) and keep on this train.

View attachment 120167
View attachment 120168
View attachment 120169
Spend time training them now so you can enjoy your freedom later

Reactions: Mike J
Name
Nate W.
Spend time training them now so you can enjoy your freedom later

Until they become your competition......If you've been in this business, it's not if it happens, it's when it happens.. Keep a contingency plan.. Be like MickeyD's and have your system in place to plug in a new person..

Reactions: Mike J

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's time to reflect and see how we can improve and set goals for this year.

I am looking at

lowering new customer acquisition cost
business credit cards that will earn more points and kickbacks
detailing vans and replacing worn equipment or tools
reviews
credit card processing services that may charge less fees or percentage

training and keeping employees happy

let me know what you're working on and lets build a bigger list
I've been slacking off on advertising. Got some new t-shirts made. Have a couple of hoodies on order. Getting some magnetic signs for the vans. Been holding off on that as they are old vans but looks like I will keep them a few more years. Gearing up for more encap work residentially. Just got a brand new Multi-sprayer and did a small residential job with that and my Phoenix today. Came out fantastic. Removed all the wicking from the homeowners attempt at cleaning. Looking to buy a 13 inch 175 maybe a Swirly just to have something I can bring upstairs easily.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I've been slacking off on advertising. Got some new t-shirts made. Have a couple of hoodies on order. Getting some magnetic signs for the vans. Been holding off on that as they are old vans but looks like I will keep them a few more years. Gearing up for more encap work residentially. Just got a brand new Multi-sprayer and did a small residential job with that and my Phoenix today. Came out fantastic. Removed all the wicking from the homeowners attempt at cleaning. Looking to buy a 13 inch 175 maybe a Swirly just to have something I can bring upstairs easily.
I’ve always heard good things about the hawk buffers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom