Tile & Grout Color Seal Video

SJA

G

Honestly,how long is lt going to last?I would like to just color seal if the product last awhile,and after so many years,can you reapply over the old, or do I have to try and remove all the old first?

SJA

How long will it last?

I can not give you one answer for all situations because it depends on traffic and maintenance. I can assure you that a floor that has been colorsealed will look better than any job you clean or clear seal and will last much longer with all factors being equal. Nothing will seal or restore grout better.

When people ask how long will it last they are really asking how long will it stay clean. That depends on them. But you can assure your customers that after a floor has been CS it is as good as it gets. I tell people that the ColorSeal will never chip, flake, or peal if maintained properly. I have customers that need a rinse and extraction every year and others that have been good for 5 years or more.

Yes, you can apply the product over itself in the future. Just give it a quick clean and reapply the CS. The second cleaning goes alot quicker as does the re-application of the color. This is a great ad on service if you are in the house cleaning carpet. Sometimes you can rinse and extract and recolor when needed. The floor can always look new and you take your customer off the market - because you are the only one able to maintain the tile.

I present the first application as an Initial Restoration. This will justify the premium to restore the floor - the savings will come to the customer over time and they will have a floor that looks new, is manageable, and can easily be restored in the future.

G

The reason I ask how long is because as Im sure you know in the past some of the color sealing I would run across looked like a splochy caulking job. So improvements have been made and that is a good thing. Thanks for the info

Mikey P

Administrator
We did a demo on a commercial bathroom a few weeks back

Left a 6 inch line color sealed.

They chose not to spend the money but did have it clear sealed.

When we did the cleaning the color seal did not flinch after being exposed to Oxyblaster and 1000 psi.

G

I will assume given any time it will degrade it and other things

SJA

Steve, normal prep is fine. I think that urine will always be a problem. With ColorSeal you can always make it look new - but it will require maintenance. How often depends on how many people use the restroom daily. The worst case scenario would be coming back 2-3 times a year and rinsing the floor and touching up in front of the urinal.

fhueston

You ever try an airbrush to apply..Use to do this all the time and it looks so much better. Takes a little practice but works and looks great. Its fast with very little clean up

Fred

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom