These will make you want to quit..

Mikey P

Administrator
20180730_113704.jpg

Name
Jeff T
Easy as pie.... I carry 150’ of rope just for situations like that. I go to the top, and have a ‘throw bag’ (similar to what they use for canoeing), throw it down, and hoist the vac and solution up. Once I’ve got enough hose, I double choke it, put a towel under the hoses, and go to work... almost every job I do up the ski resort looks just like that.... PITA, but it’s the way it is....

Name
Lee Stockwell
Looks like 30' lateral and almost 30' up and around just to the entrance, let alone getting to the far point inside.

Easy money...

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Yeah Im between portys and have been for several years lol

Got 1 next week no driveway but 56 steps up straight off the street.. vlm with a 175, put an extra $50 on ambulance fee :neutral:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I agree!

They should ALL be thrown off the roof at this height. :icon_twisted:
Got one coming up tomorrow that might make me consider that. Inner townhouse, with no elevator. Concrete stairs going up to the main level, and it's a 3 story townhouse. If I can't reach it with the TM, it ain't getting done. Oh yeah, it's white shag carpet.

Name
Jeff T
I’ve only got 2 jobs tomorrow. I figure I’ll be done in 10-12 hrs.... both residential, both BIG....

Mikey P

Administrator
No unit number given. no mention of not outside water or it being on the 3rd floor.

I spent a good 3o minutes there figuring it all out before giving them the price.

I know my daughter quoted $275 but due to the extra hour or more i'm going to have to charge $375.

Silence, they looked at each other, me and the floor... Old guy was waiting for me to budge...

He caved 1st..

......................is that the best you can do?

Well, I'd normally charge ya more but because you're nice folks I gave you a discount..

They moved a ton of crap and had visitors coming so they went for it.

Texans that spend one or two weeks a year at their Tahoe Condo.

300 ft took, close to 3 hours all said and done

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
I'm just glad I lost 40# before I did them Saturday. Carried 50' lead vac and 100' spool solution hose first trip. Spooled them back toward van. Only had to go 1 flight with the rest of the vac hose. Started machine and carried wand and HF final trip up.

Want to say I went right to work, but I sat there for 10 minutes wondering why I was there.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
No unit number given. no mention of not outside water or it being on the 3rd floor.

I spent a good 3o minutes there figuring it all out before giving them the price.

I know my daughter quoted $275 but due to the extra hour or more i'm going to have to charge $375.

Silence, they looked at each other, me and the floor... Old guy was waiting for me to budge...

He caved 1st..

Well, I'd normally charge ya more but because you're nice folks I gave you a discount..

So you really are slumming it now compared to Santa Cruz? Pricewise?

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton

He caved 1st..

Good call Mikey with the discount.

We should look after our old folk cos we will be one, one day.

:icon_neutral:

Reactions: vibra-vacster

steve_64

I'm just glad I lost 40# before I did them Saturday. Carried 50' lead vac and 100' spool solution hose first trip. Spooled them back toward van. Only had to go 1 flight with the rest of the vac hose. Started machine and carried wand and HF final trip up.

Want to say I went right to work, but I sat there for 10 minutes wondering why I was there.
You're a beast lee!

My shut off on my lead solution line keeps opening on me just enough that I've had to go back and shut the machine down and release t b e pressure to hook up my wand or hydroforce. Two extra trips to the van and usually 3rd floor when it happens. I've changed my set up till I replace it.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones

He caved 1st..

not to mention you were already there, and invested somewhat.

Reactions: SamIam

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We did a high rise many, many, many years ago with a Hydramaster slide in. 19 floors of common hallways. around 150 of hallway on each floor. I helped the crew set up and left the experienced leader with a brand new helper.

The next day the leader told me that in switching floors, the helper dropped the houses down the stairwell. Not once, not twice but three times. The leader made him go down and get the hose every time. They finished very late in the evening...

That was the last we ever saw of that brand new helper... he quit.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
We did a high rise many, many, many years ago with a Hydramaster slide in. 19 floors of common hallways. around 150 of hallway on each floor. I helped the crew set up and left the experienced leader with a brand new helper.

The next day the leader told me that in switching floors, the helper dropped the houses down the stairwell. Not once, not twice but three times. The leader made him go down and get the hose every time. They finished very late in the evening...

That was the last we ever saw of that brand new helper... he quit.

No locking cuffs on the purple trucks?

Reactions: ronbeatty

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
No longer work past the 3rd floor, used to set up a 14 story hospital, told them to install VCT on the 14 floor when they remodeled;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom