The TRUSTED owner operator.

Mikey P

Administrator
dang, I dont even clean tile (ok maybe 2 a year if its a move in). Just dont have the time. Too busy cleaning carpet.

When people ask, I refer to another cleaner.

Add another service? sure, just put another 6 hours in each day and id do it.

I like what I do, why screw it up?
Are you posting from the 1990s or what?

Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

That was definitely me back in the early 1990s

when we were cleaning trailer parks , section 8 holes, and grease pits

Reactions: steve_64
Name
Matt Middleton
50 % of my mrs piffs leave the door open or give me the code. I do exactly what we talked about. They leave a blank check written out to me to fill out. In a small town, trust, I have found out is more important then price or scammers.
Absolutely.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
That was definitely me back in the early 1990s

when we were cleaning trailer parks , section 8 holes, and grease pits
doesnt look like a trailer park

IMG_3862.jpg

F

FB7777

put two trucks on that home and clean all the tile

i get it though, no way I want to be cleaning in my 60s

Reactions: Fat Mike

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I was considering doing a full property maintainance business

lawns, chimney/heatpump, windows, carpets, pressure washing etc

but I'm busy enough and need more staff for life/work balance

got couple dehus and airmovers out today, doing structural drying on a new house build so they can line the framing.. it's a 1st for me

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mikey P

Administrator
Did you convince them that the goose neck is too long?

never bothered..."nobody else complains" is the standard answer I get when I geek out with wand companies.

Which I'm sure is true.

Most cleaners have zero propensity for abstract thought.

the neck isn't the issue though, it's the 14" head.

12" is king for resi work

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've found most manufacturers putting out a beta product don't really want "feedback" or constructive critiques to improve the product.

They just want positive reviews...because the product is going out the door as is.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Recently a customer had an electrical issue. I knew what the problem likely was and had time, so I fixed it for them. No extra charge. Generally carpets and upholstery only.

Reactions: Mikey P

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
dang, I dont even clean tile (ok maybe 2 a year if its a move in). Just dont have the time. Too busy cleaning carpet.

When people ask, I refer to another cleaner.

Add another service? sure, just put another 6 hours in each day and id do it.

I like what I do, why screw it up?
I know a local company that solely cleans carpets. I was always curious how they stay so busy doing just that 🤔 He does send work my way with tile cleaning. Only because he strictly LM.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
I do a little bit of everything. Carpet repairs, cleaning, water restoration, rugs, upholstery, odor removal, tile cleaning.

I wanted to add air duct or pressure washing. But I’m really stretching myself thin. Even with those services I do, still is a no from some of my clients as an add on.

I’ve got their trust, but still don’t do much other than what they requested.

Reactions: Mikey P

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
I would love to back off of water restoration and do wood floor cleaning. I just want to learn some more on it before I pull the trigger.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I was considering doing a full property maintainance business

lawns, chimney/heatpump, windows, carpets, pressure washing etc

but I'm busy enough and need more staff for life/work balance

got couple dehus and airmovers out today, doing structural drying on a new house build so they can line the framing.. it's a 1st for me
That’s when you use subs. I worked with a guy for years that did that. Made contracts for everything. But after about 15 yrs. we split when he tried to take control. I let my brother bend me over in the insurance biz, this guy wasn’t my brother. I won.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hack Attack

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I have seriously considered getting my chimney brushes back out. When I was in the business 15 years ago the going rate was $65 or $75 with a woodstove. These days guys are getting $200.

Most chimney jobs I was in and out in an hour and knocking out 5 a day easy. There's also very little competition. I had one whole county to myself for 5 years.

As others have said, there comes a point though where you are a handyman and people expect a $35 an hour guy. I can understand offering all flooring services and charging top $$$ but I have enough on my plate being a carpet and upholstery super hero.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
We added event services to our lineup since we do churches. It was a natural fit and ready made business. We only do it as an accommodation but it’s a lot with what we have. It too is lucrative. I don’t participate🤷🏼‍♂️😀 of course covid shut it down, but it will return.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have seriously considered getting my chimney brushes back out. When I was in the business 15 years ago the going rate was $65 or $75 with a woodstove. These days guys are getting $200.

Most chimney jobs I was in and out in an hour and knocking out 5 a day easy. There's also very little competition. I had one whole county to myself for 5 years.

As others have said, there comes a point though where you are a handyman and people expect a $35 an hour guy. I can understand offering all flooring services and charging top $$$ but I have enough on my plate being a carpet and upholstery super hero.
You don't want to fall off a ladder.

Reactions: Jim Williams

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom