Yes

Sharper?..........Well.....

665695.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
some areas you have to work harder for you money. .35 sf here is about the most you can get. Some people will yell at you and tell you that's a rip off because we have so many cheap cleaners here. The Assyrians have landed here now and do the bait and switch. They will be gone in 2 years like the rest of them. My problem is we are getting 10 plus new guys in town every year now, not the normal 2 that jump ship from coit with a customer list. We only have around 200k people here and one of the largest coat operations here. After going to SFS small towns is where it's at.

Reactions: Russ T. and Mikey P

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I doubt you can write off discounts. If so, I lost millions in discounts this year and the next.
Our accountant wrote off 14 grand in discounts last year on our taxes. You have to keep track of the original price and discounted price on each of the receipts and they can be written off on taxes. We didn't do as many discounts this year but still have a few thousand to write off.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It can be really hard in the beginning, until you've built the biz up to where it's steady. When I'm hungry, I'll take almost any job and HATE to lose 1.

When I'm busy, I turn into a sort of snob who only gets excited over the super juicy ones.

I think it's best to stay in the middle somewhere.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Our accountant wrote off 14 grand in discounts last year on our taxes. You have to keep track of the original price and discounted price on each of the receipts and they can be written off on taxes. We didn't do as many discounts this year but still have a few thousand to write off.
Get a new accountant, you will need it after the audit.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

The only way you can deduct a discount as a deduction is if you claim the original price as income.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
It has been 3 years we've claimed the discounts. We also use a professional CPA firm. Not just one individual working from home. Maybe it is the income deal. Because if it is supposed to be $200 in services and the discounted rate is $160, we still show $200 as the original amount and write off $40. We have a separate sheet to keep track of this that we submit to them along with everything else when comes tax time.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I have two today, both from Yelp thank you very much, and booked then for next week

Charmed them, thech'd them up a bit, some helpfull tips then the price. I loaded the value first.

Even took the first couple's broken slider doors to the dump since I was already on the way. Being new to town they didn't know where it was.

Ron K

I have two today, both from Yelp thank you very much,
Since you're such a Yelper and it seems not to many people understand it's dynamics maybe you should do a webinar on the subject.
They just called me the rep asked why none of the local cleaners didn't call her back I told em they aren't local and that most local cleaners here live in the UPS store or imaginary/fake address's! they seemed to doubt me so I told them to google the address and sure enough. Also told them to google a franchise and it was a car wash.

Reactions: Donwand
Name
I'm Rick James

That is only if you are offering discounts through something like yelp, group on or something like that.. a discount transaction with another company. We can't write off random discounts, doesn't matter if the price was discounted off the original price. The IRS makes it very clear..

Keep track of all the discount transaction that are made with other companies, those are write offs.

Dave Rampage

Find a price point the masses will pay, Figure out a way to do a job nobody else can do anywhere close to that price point and take over your area. I charge 1/3 of what I used to and make way more than I could have ever dreamed of.

Reactions: Mikey P

Chris A

Name
Chris
Find a price point the masses will pay, Figure out a way to do a job nobody else can do anywhere close to that price point and take over your area. I charge 1/3 of what I used to and make way more than I could have ever dreamed of.

I wish I could like this post more than once!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Is it a different cleaning method? Efficiency has its advantages. However, in my third world, confused immigrant math, the above huge price difference does not quite add up.

Unless, of course, the previous motto was: "We way overcharge and under delivered, mam."
Tell us it ain't so, Dave :winky:

Reactions: Russ T.

Chris A

Name
Chris
We got a bunch of snow and real cold temps for the first time this winter last week which really shut our phones off. We haven't cleaned since Wednesday and next week's not looking great. I'm thinking of running a $49 special just to get out of the damn house!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom