The oldest carpet cleaner you know?

Name
George Valliant
A friend of mine is 67 years old and still banging out rugs 5 days per week.

Not an ounce of fat and a white head of hair.

He runs a Prochem 405 and an RX-20.

How old is the oldest carpet cleaner you know?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Over 70 now, must be like 78. he lives in San Diego and works with his wife(!!), they are apartment cleaners. He runs and RX20 and a Big Red TM with a 14" 2" tubed big red wand. He got free glides. I always gave cleaners over 60 free glides.

Take care,
Lisa

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I have a customer who is 68 ( and I got him a free glide thanks to Lisa! )

I also have another customer who is 71 and still cleans part time with his Son.

Tough ol' birds that are great fun to talk to.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
At 64 years and 151 days, I'm still a young'un.

I don't have no RX-20 but I does have a CMX-20.

Does that count. :lol:

Six day weeks are not uncommon for me when I gotta do it.

I also take my gear up four flights of stairs regularly, 5 times this week already.

When doing large commercial with my Mex; I also put in fourteen hour days over a week-end.

Then still front up for my first job early Monday morning.

I reckon (hope), I still have another fifteen years in me before I gotta hang up the wand, but I still have other plans in place to carry on with until I'm in the box headed to that big BBQ in the sky. :wink:

I dread having to stop work and live like a vegetable, just waiting to wilt and fall off my perch.

Having a data base of great customers, makes my work easy.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Chris A

Name
Chris
Guy in my area is (I'm guessing) 65, still out hammering the wand everyday, good dude in every respect and a great mentor.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
A 77 year old that hoists a Century Ninja in and out of a van a few times a day and cleans full time.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Shorty Down Under said:
At 64 years and 151 days, I'm still a young'un.

I reckon (hope), I still have another fifteen years in me before I gotta hang up the wand, but I still have other plans in place to carry on with until I'm in the box headed to that big BBQ in the sky. :wink:
Ooroo,

Must be those special electrolytes they put in Oz beer.

Name
jack zerkie
I,m theold guy in this area 68 in Jan . the city gives me the lic if your over 65 but the county doesn,t care. I still like working 5-6 days. to tired to to the gym most days probabl,y will go another 3-5 years yet. I really love the trashed jobs it,s great to see the final results.I met Bob Whitcamp in 81 and he showed that prespray is you best friend and he really knew what he was talking about and learned a lot from Bob.Keep working it gets you out of the house and it,s good for you Jack Z.

Ron K

Thats an interesting topic. Made me think and I hope it made all of you think. At 60 (the free glides age) or 65 plus I hope I'm cleaning because I want to and still love it..not because I HAVE to. Everyone that starts in this or any business should think what's the end game. Will my business allow me to really do what I want. If you feel like hanging up the Wand, can you afford to, or will the Wand Hang you.

Shorty I hope to see you in Vegas this year.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks for the kind words.

I will stop cleaning when I no longer love what I do,

OR

When I can no longer do what I love.

Age MAY help determine this, but not if I can help it. :lol:

When I stop cleaning carpets, my final business will be mainly leather.

http://www.cairnsleathercare.com.au

Small vehicle, no large equipment, easy money & a lot of work at home with the leather clothing.

I will still be meeting interesting people each day and keeping my rotund shape flexible. :lol:

I shan't be in Vegas this year, crikey, I was only there last year and it takes at least 18 months for the effects of Harry to wear off. :lol:

Probably be there next year again though.

& I shall bring some more medicinal products with me. :wink:

Ooroo,

Greenie

Ya know...I think the old fellow in San Diego is married to an "older woman", I think she turns 80 this year, works every job with him (someone has to haul the RX to the third floor).

I think Miss Lisa owes a glide or two to these young robust fellows who look 1/2 their age.....you sure no one is fibbin' a bit? :wink:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Just let me know if you, or someone you know or a customer (if you're a disty) is over 60. Email or PM, the new owner honors all of the procedures that were already in place.

Take care,
Lisa

Ron K

Lisa,

First Class!

If all Venders and Manufacturers were as Honest and Customer driven as you we'd all be the better for it.

Warmest Regards
Ron

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Bill Simpson in my area is the oldest guy I know.

Something like 65

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
It's not whats IN the beer Shorty drinks...it's the volume.
Al
ps I can out drink him when it comes to Scotch though.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Al, :shock: wanna bet, :wink:

Time you did another scoot down under you old coot. :lol:

Delia heads off for about six weeks next Friday the 21st, so I'm on holidays again, yahooooooo. :lol:

Ooroo,

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
SIXTY AIN'T OLD! I'm in as good shape as I was at thirty.

I've been told I'm very immature for my age. That's the secret to eternal youth: just act the age you want to be.

I sometimes work with a cc'er who is probably seventy.

BUSY BEE

Byron Townshend of Rug Bug in Carmichael CA. He used to be the Nor Cal rep for Steam Genie a while ago, I think he's pushing the late 60's. A good guy who's still smoking his filterless Camels and drinking 10 cups O' coffee along with working 5 1/2 days a week. I learned a lot from him, I hope he doesn't drop in someones LR, he has always made cracks about going out that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom