The Lima Bean has SOME floor room..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I see you know more about makeup than I do...wanna talk it about it?

I know about image, and that van says I do tricks for a quick buck...I cleaned that up for you.

At least I had my own customer base while you were suckling on coits teet for 15 years.

T

The Magician

Mikey what didn't you like about the Powematic? what size is the propane under the truck? did you get a bayco valve?

Jeff

Name
Jeff Sybert
Looks nice on the inside and will no doubt make a great backup rig. Outside...it's clean... just a ugly dog I mean Dodge. Make sure when you have it wrapped, take a picture of a new GMC or Ford and have it wrapped as one with your logos. :D :D

TimP

The Magician said:
Mikey what didn't you like about the Powematic? what size is the propane under the truck? did you get a bayco valve?

If you look at the pics fairly closely you'll see the bayco relief valve.

So you have some room for a couple fans, vacuum, and 175 which is great. Where are you going to install a freshwater tank and hose reels for your freshwater hose and solution line? If you put those in, you won't have much room. I had the same problem. I went with the tank between the seats just so I could have a chemical shelf and still have room for fans and a 175 if needed.

Mikey P

Administrator
Only queers don't like the look of the classic Dodge vans.

I'm calling this baby the Anti Vortex.

No vinyl
Small
Easy to drive
Quite
Smooth driving
Ingognitoascanbe

yet kicks ass.

as for that idiot Marty.

Yeah, this pos is way better looking....

chief-new.gif

:roll: :shock: :roll: :shock: :roll: :shock:

CleanEvo

It looks great... nice clean install, well thought out.

Have you cleaned with it yet?

Chads

Supportive Member
I know someone else who really like the dodge too, He is your favorate goopster Nick. :lol:

admiralclean said:
That is just about the ugliest unit I have ever laid eye's on. Only Nicks beat it on ugly. Looks like Rosie, the Jetson's maid. And, it takes up the whole side door!

You should have gone to Duane and got a space saving design.

Marty, I've said this before. When we design a truckmount, we are designing an industrial, heavy-duty piece of equipment.

I agree that it may not be the best looking unit on the market, but to us, that is the least important thing. Judson is the only truckmount manufacturer in the world that can give you phone numbers of Judson owners who are running units in excess of 25 years, trouble-free.

The next advantage of a Judson unit is that if there is a problem, it is something that can be repaired over the phone 90% of the time. Judson purposely uses local, common parts so if there is a problem the unit can be back in service immediately.

The unit is fairly large because it is a 150 gallon recovery tank, and the construction is all stainless steel.

On a lighter note, in the Judson rule book of truckmount design,

Rule number 1 is NEVER use a direct drive coupling between the blower and the engine.

Rule number 2 - If using belts to drive the unit, NEVER use an idler pulley.

Rule number 3 - NEVER run the engine exhaust into the blower exhaust.

The rule book has 75 rules. I won't get into all those in this post.

We just added a new rule tonight.

Rule #76 is Don't Knock Something Unless You've Tried It.

Steve Smith

"Marty, I've said this before. When we design a truckmount, we are designing an industrial, heavy-duty piece of equipment."

Rule #??
Never use an industrial silencer.

Steve Smith said:
"Marty, I've said this before. When we design a truckmount, we are designing an industrial, heavy-duty piece of equipment."

Rule #??
Never use an industrial silencer.

The silencers are $800 more to quiet it down by only 5 decibels less than a muffler silencer system. The extra size, weight and price of the silencer do not justify its use. Also the Garner Denver 408 tri-lobe blower is a quieter blower and it costs more than other blowers that could have been used. The extra money that could have been spent on silencers went into a blower that is quieter and more heavy built .

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
How much did the install cost? You Riverside Iowa Boys tend to be cheap. Please tell me Greenie got 5 bills out of the deal.

Golden Boy

hogjowl

Idiot™
Les ... I never commented on your units performance.

All I said was it was FUGLY!

Do I have to use one before I can recognize if it's ugly or not?

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mike and Greenie you did an awesome job. I really like those front to rear shelves.

You may have room to mount a waterhose reel up top of the vac reel?

Your gas card will like that backup unit.

How many locals will be crapping there pants thinkin there's another cleaner.

NICE VERY NICE!

Greenie

You really think the new TNT is fugly? I've already had a dozen or so guys look at the unit and comment that they like the simplicity and industrial look of it. Fugly?

I don't think so at all.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think it looks pretty damn good.

Looks like it would look good dirty as well.

If my white magic got dirty, it looked really dirty.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Marty is a TM PRo. The dumbass did a ton of research on TM's then he buys A TM with a 36 Blower. For years he soaked customers carpets on his mistake. Buys a used Vortex and now he is the go to guy on which TM to buy. I love the Ugly TM line. If you can get parts at Grainger for your TM there is no such thing as a ugly TM. If you want humor go search ICS before Marty bought his unit with a 36 Blower. He had plenty of options but he took the 36 Blower. LMFAO.

Golden Boy

TimP

Waldo said:
Marty is a TM PRo. The dumbass did a ton of research on TM's then he buys A TM with a 36 Blower. For years he soaked customers carpets on his mistake. Buys a used Vortex and now he is the go to guy on which TM to buy. I love the Ugly TM line. If you can get parts at Grainger for your TM there is no such thing as a ugly TM. If you want humor go search ICS before Marty bought his unit with a 36 Blower. He had plenty of options but he took the 36 Blower. LMFAO.

Golden Boy

After running my backup TM while doing my schools I can tell you right now that a 36 blower is just fine as long as it's not choked down for heat exchange. It sucks pretty well. My choked down 4.8 blower in my CDS isn't much stronger at all. They behave differently but they both do the job. I notice that the 48 blower is at the relief point more where the 36 doesn't pull as much lift atm and therefore doesn't pull the relief.... I've also noticed that the heat in my cds is a lot better than a 3ht heater, of course mine is probably set for 200. Where my cds will pull 200 with constant at .06 flow and keeps 220+ with my greenhorn.

Greenie

Your 3HT is limited to 120 degree rise (give or take), so it's your incoming water temp that affects that the most. Huge difference between 50 deg. water and 90 degree water.

Name
Eric Valentine
My Avenger has a 36 blower. The heat exchangers were frozen, so it was converted to high-flow mufflers before I bought it, and a 3HT. With a Bentley wand, it "locks down" with a hole glide just as hard at 100-150' as some of the bigger units that were at MikeyFest did at 150-200' with a glided Westpak wand. I read 14" of lift capped off, and when the Bentley is on the carpet, the relief valve IS open part way. If you have a crappy wand, you need the larger blower to get higher lift to achieve the same CFM as a well designed wand does with a smaller blower (a properly designed wand will have all the available lift at the glide/carpet interface, where a poorly designed wand wastes lift trying to get the air through it)

Would a 45 blower be better (Judson TNT)? Not much, as the 45 blower on a TNT is run at 80% I believe. At that speed, a 36 blower isn't moving much less air (less than 50 CFM difference) at similar lift levels.

Do I wish my TM was a TNT or LunchPail? HELL YES! I would have more room in the van with a TNT, as it is no wider than what I have now, and the TNT's are Stainless. But, as my first TM, what I have now does a great job, and I got a great deal on it (Thanks John @ SCS!) I do not regret getting what I have now, and look forward to being able to save up and get a better van and a TNT/LunchPail.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Marty you been lookin after those fat arse pigs too long, the lunchpail is a beautiful unit.

I would be proud to open the doors on my van.

The fact that I could fix it locally is the biggest positive about the Jud's.

However the propane is out for me, have to be kero or exchange

Back
Top Bottom