The Bissell

Name
George Valliant
What are you trying to do Mikey?

Elevate Bissell brand equipment to equal professional grade in the customers mind?

Next thing you know custys will be flocking to Walmart to purchase the latest Bissell shampooer because thats what Mikey their high dollar carpet cleaner uses.

Get a commercial grade vacuum and leave the consumer grade stuff to the amatures.

Certainly, there's a commercial grade vacuum out there that works as well or better.

right?

1058_both.png

Mickey, Wish your post was a few days earlier. Saturday I picked up the momentum you were talking about. I do like the fact that I can throw it away, you can buy another bissell on every corner of America. At any Target,Wal-Mart, or Home Depot. That means at 1am when your vac breaks, you replace it immediately(cause the wal-mart is 24 hrs). Then in a pinch you can use them pretty much right out of the box. Most customers are just amazed when you vac. let alone what vac you use. I use a commercial sanitaire for commercial. By the way isn't this the industry that elevated the Rug Doctor to a professional cleaning machine. On another note, have you guys seen the 100 -125 dollar spotting machine at walmart. I have recommended these to customers with pets. They even come with microban. I wanted to buy one! Nobody is buying equipment anymore at supply houses all across america. Mickey keep those suggestions coming, its worth it for me. Ron

Mikey P

Administrator
only drawback to the Momentum is it leaks a bit more, the uph hose comes off to easy and it does not have a good place to hold it when vacing steps

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
My pos Royal Commercial (see George's illustration) has been getting it done almost every day for about six years.

Owner of vac shop (All-Vac in Ventura) sez it's still the best, and he has all the brands.

Works for me.

Name
I'm Rick James
I love my bissell. The clear container is a great feature. I vacuumed after the maids and still pulled out 2 containers of crap. Customer was shocked.

Name
George Valliant
Mikey P said:
a $79 Bissell will suck the doors off that pos Royal.

at least we agree on one thing. Bissell vacuum cleaners really SUCK!!! :)

Toss out those pieice of crap, 100% plastic, throw away rice blowers and get a real vacuum cleaner like the Royal Commercial Upright.

The Royal Commercial upright is built to go the distance instead of into the garbage can like Bissell.

Besides, when customers complement you on your Royal Commercial upright vacuum cleaner you'll know you made the right choice.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I believe what a vac salesman says almost as much as what is said on these boards. Just cuz its durable doesn't mean it does the best vac job.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Talking about the "Momentum":
Yes, it does get a lot of fluff into the dirt cup, however most of it is fiber from the carpet. (notice that it is the same color as the carpet's fiber.)
So, I suspect that the brush is super aggressive and may be quite hard on the carpet fibers.

Though, I like the fact that you can actually vacuum oriental rugs with it, without it sucking the rug like a leech-Sanitair- were you actually have to wade through it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
don't get no fibre off a berber. Got a load of dust and sand out of the last couple of berber cleans, you never would have known it was there. Most guys would have went right to prespray. WHat a mess they would have made.

G

Ok guys; Mickey is correct on this; Unless you are still trying to justify that price. I buy Bissell all the time. They are a disposable little work horse. I have Royal vacs too; they are used by my janitorial cleaners. My carpet techs use exclusively the $39 bag and after that the cheap blue clear containered one. That way I know if they are really vacuuming. I don't care what anyone says; They are the strongest best vac for what we as carpet cleaners need!!

And yes; I have gone to houses with 400 cfm central vac systems and bar attachment; It still picks up more stuff!!

Mikey P

Administrator
kolfer1 said:
Yes, it does get a lot of fluff into the dirt cup, however most of it is fiber from the carpet. (notice that it is the same color as the carpet's fiber.)
So, I suspect that the brush is super aggressive and may be quite hard on the carpet fibers.

Though, I like the fact that you can actually vacuum oriental rugs with it, without it sucking the rug like a leech-Sanitair- were you actually have to wade through it.

you obviously have not ran across a real DIRTY carpet with it yet.

R

rotovacguy

I have 2 Bissell's, one cheapie (don't recall the model) for doing custy houses, and I also have the Pet "Lift Off" model for doing my home. Both do a fine job while vacuuming, but the attachments really suck ass, especially on the Lift Off model. They can say all they want about how far the hose can stretch, but the damn canister will fall over if you don't hold it in place. So the hose will only stretch as far as your arms can reach, meaning you're constantly carrying the motor section that lifts off from the base. That was the one and only thing I miss about the Dyson I used to own was the attachments. Awesome suction and great length of hose, and no filters to clean. Aside from that the Dyson was a POS. My dogs hair would snag around the brush, rendering it useless. You'd have to go over the hair 3 or 4 times, and even then it would not always pick it up. Here my cheap ass Bissell rips right through it....go figure.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Mikey P said:
kolfer1 said:

you obviously have not ran across a real DIRTY carpet with it yet.

What I find so valuable about the clear canister vacuums is finding a ton of soil in a carpet that doesn't "look" like it even needed vacuuming!
Sometimes the real dirty ones are the cleanest looking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom