Temporary line repair

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
My solution line sprung a leak, it appears to be a pin size hole, but a pain in the butt, I've tried every kind of tape I have. No luck, just need to hold up for a couple of days til I can get to town and get it fixed right. Thanks!

Name
I'm Rick James
A hose clamp might work. Keep your pressure down. Once they have a leak, they go pretty quick.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
miksar said:
My solution line sprung a leak, it appears to be a pin size hole, but a pain in the butt, I've tried every kind of tape I have. No luck, just need to hold up for a couple of days til I can get to town and get it fixed right. Thanks!

"pin" leaks?
so I'll ASSume it's Parker Parflex

if so...here's what you can do for a temporary fix.

Note; I've done this before as an ad hoc repair and it's worked fine...but should NOT be considered safe
so use AT YOUR OWN RISK, cause I'll accept NO responsibility.

go get a brass 1/4" hose barb with 1/4" male pipe threaded end
Cut the bad end off the hose .
Lube the hose barb with oil, or pre-spray, soap, etc.
use a block of wood to pound in the barb.
(you'll have to pound it in, cause it's tight and you won't be able to push it in by hand)
the block of wood will keep you from destroying the male threads.

add a hose clamp of appropriate size.

screw on your QD and get to work.

TURN PSI DOWN to below 400.
300 to 350 MAX.
keep the heat at "moderate" temps..no more than 180

..L.T.A.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Spawn said:
miksar said:

"pin" leaks?
so I'll ASSume it's Parker Parflex

if so...here's what you can do for a temporary fix.

Note; I've done this before as an ad hoc repair and it's worked fine...but should NOT be considered safe
so use AT YOUR OWN RISK, cause I'll accept NO responsibility.

go get a brass 1/4" hose barb with 1/4" male pipe threaded end
Cut the bad end off the hose .
Lube the hose barb with oil, or pre-spray, soap, etc.
use a block of wood to pound in the barb.
(you'll have to pound it in, cause it's tight and you won't be able to push it in by hand)
the block of wood will keep you from destroying the male threads.

add a hose clamp of appropriate size.

screw on your QD and get to work.

TURN PSI DOWN to below 400.
300 to 350 MAX.
keep the heat at "moderate" temps..no more than 180

..L.T.A.

Use two hose clamps per fitting. Retighten when hose is hot.

ps. I don need no stinkin oil or a wood block.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
bob vawter said:
what a bunch a broke dicks...jus unwrap a new section off yor reel.....

Jesus. I can't even imagine starting a day of work with some POS solution line I rigged together. Cancel all jobs until you get this fixed and BUY ANOTHER SOLUTION LINE FOR A BACK UP. God.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
miksar said:

A few months ago, I bought this self crimping device for an emergency from an Interlink Supplier. They also sell them at the Parker Store. They are reusable. I'm not sure of the name though. They are used in place of a crimp fitting, they have a left handed thread that goes on the outside of your hose. You have to screw it on until it's tight. There is another piece with a 1/4" fitting for your quick connect and a smooth barb that slides down into the center of your solution line. It tightens to the first piece. Great for emergency situations. I always keep a few on the truck. I just looked at a past invoice from Interlink, it's listed as a 1/4" to 1/4" Hose Repair Fitting, part # BA04-04MB. They are $9.35. Good luck!

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
bob vawter said:
what a bunch a broke dicks...jus unwrap a new section off yor reel.....

That's the easy solution. Where's the fun in that?

John Buxton

The last time I had one break on the job, I stopped in a pressure washing place and they refused to fix it since I didn't buy the hose there.

The ones Erik is talking about is what I have now and you can fix in the field with a hacksaw, and 2 vise grips.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom