sx-12 spinner bearings

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I'm on my 3rd set and at almost 200 a pop i thought it might be worth my time to take apart. i'ts only a couple of bearing. am i the only one throwing them away or do you fix them ?

gene

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I am told that the swivels for the SX-12 can be repaired by putting in new bearings. You do not need to buy the entire swivel assembly ($174).

Not being mechanically inclined, I will not attempt to tell how how to do it or what a repair shop would charge.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
My experience is the rebuild swivel last about 90 days (this goes for all of them not just the SX) How long are the swivels lasting you? You should get 800-1000 hours out of a swivel which is several years for most folks. If your not then something else is wrong like a worn body or bent T-bar that is causing it to wobble and wearing the swivel out prematurely. This is my guess since I can't see your machine from here but I would check everything before putting in another swivel if thats the case.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
there is no wobble ,it spins smooooth as silk . we clean a lot of tile. i'm getting my moneys worth. it comes apart easy so i just wondered if people were repair or replacing. i'll replace the bearing and see how long it lasts.

gene

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Gene

Buy a new Turbo. We have two, never replaced either swivel. The only repairs have been caused from abuse. They have held up very well. It is nice to have two tile tools !gotcha!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Bryan i think my tool is only about 3 years old. i'm not sure it would work to run 2 at once. the way we work it is one guy cleans the other guy edges and drys.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom