Switching back to 2"

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I'm getting ready to buy some 2.5 and I was just wondering how many people went back after they used it for a while.

Gene

joe harper

Name
joe harper
You will NEVER go back.... :!: :!: :!:

Gene....With your hose runs...100ft...is plenty..... :wink:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
When you first get it and it hasn't been used and it's hard to work with and you knock over a tv tray or something stupid like that with it then you will be wishing that you never got it. After you get past that point you will love it. It just keeps getting easier to work with and you will love the improved suction and better dry times.

Pair it with a Bayco vac relief
a greenhorn wand (get the wider one. I wish I had)
and make sure you jet out your wand to get the full benefits of the increased suction and precision relief and wand design.

Farenheit251

Mostly I run it a straight shot 20-25 feet in the front door then 25 feet of 2 inch-no problems. On the occasional job where you have to go round 4-5 corners it is a pain as you have to be extra careful. Well worth the extra oomph.

Greenie

Well.....since I know for a fact 2.5" SuperFlex is more flexible than SOME 2" out there (Flexaust), it's really all relevant.

That said, several "cold weather" cleaners retire the 2.5 in winter, only to bring it back out again as soon as they can.

Also, it's not the 100' guys who appreciate the virtues of 2.5, it's the 200' guys that really like it.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I'm a 200' guy and I am looking forward to the improvement. I saw the Sapphire today and it comes with a 75' piece of 2.5 . I'm trying to talk my supplier out of it. It's hot here even in the winter so it shouldn't be a problem.

Gene

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
OMG- I lug around just 50' of 2.5 and its heavy shit, I couldn't imagine having to struggle with 200'

Walt

I tried going back to 2 inch once. I got sick of lugging the 2.5 around. The next day I put the 2.5 back.

I still run it to the door in the winter.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i'll start with the 75' to the door and see how it feels. i can always buy more. i'm not the one that has to pull it most of the time.

gene

I cut my back to a 25' lead from my filter box out the back door too much PITA ...I switched back to 2" besides that first lead from box.

Who else thinks the 2.5 inch is too hard to work with. I hear a lot of you guys saying you only run it to the door. Why not run it in the house and up to the second floor? I am asking because I have 100' of 2.5 in my shop just sitting. Eventually I will break it out, but it looks like too much work handling it. I may be wrong. How much difference would it make having 50' of 2.5 and 50' of 2 inch on a 100' run? Big difference or just a little difference, and does the extra suck make it worth while or does your productivity go down?

Walt

danielc said:
Who else thinks the 2.5 inch is too hard to work with. I hear a lot of you guys saying you only run it to the door. Why not run it in the house and up to the second floor? I am asking because I have 100' of 2.5 in my shop just sitting. Eventually I will break it out, but it looks like too much work handling it. I may be wrong. How much difference would it make having 50' of 2.5 and 50' of 2 inch on a 100' run? Big difference or just a little difference, and does the extra suck make it worth while or does your productivity go down?

I've do both. Either I work with all 2.5 with a 12 foot whip or all 2.5 with a 50 foot whip. There is a noticeable difference, but it's a pain on homes with narrow hallways or multiple sets of stairs. Give it a try for yourself. I think you'll be amazed at what your blower can do.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'll never go back!! About 50% of the time I run a 25' whip of 2", other 50% it's a 50' whip... I run it damn near(12" whip of 2") to my water claw for water extraction.

Greenie

Most follow the "Able" method.

I'm starting to think them Floridians need to hit the gym.

If you have an elec. reel, you really can't say it's that hard to work with. remember when everyone used 15' whips of 1.5" lead hose? now running 2" all the way to the wand is "normal" using a Whip is a vacation...It's the same deal with 2.5, If running it to the door, or even into the first room is kicking your ass, you need to lay off the McNuggets and have a Tofu sammy next time.

50% more suck is worth the buck, no matter how you slice it.....and Yes I used 2.5 before it was cool, before cuffs and such were even made for it.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Able 1 said:
I'll never go back!! About 50% of the time I run a 25' whip of 2", other 50% it's a 50' whip... I run it damn near(12" whip of 2") to my water claw for water extraction.

Running 2 1/2" vacuum hose to your sub surface extraction tool (water claw or hydro-x) makes a big difference.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've got 50ft of 2" for my lead hose and thats it. The rest is 2.5. 230ft on the reel. If I had to roll that 2.5 it'd be a real pain, as it is, it reel nice :wink:
Its sure a lot better to run than 3", and I'd never go back to 2" only. You can feel the difference at the wand.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Folks who don't actually WORK with the stuff evey day should keep their mouth shut about its utility.

Besides, until you actually work with it, the bulletin board hype will always have you wondering if it's the cats meow.

Might as well get some and get it over with.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I know it's heresy but IDGAS, some jobs I'll run a 50' line of 1 1/2 hose with an unglided 12" wand if I'm going all the place in a house and I have 87 minutes to do four rooms and some furniture. The first room is dry to the touch when I'm done so what's the big fooking deal? BTW I love my new Parker Parflex hose; stuff doesn't weigh anything after lugging the Goodyear hose around for a few decades. When you carry the 1 1/2" vac and the Parker solution hose you can kick some serious ass with a small lightweight package.

Greenie said:
Most follow the "Able" method.

I'm starting to think them Floridians need to hit the gym.

If you have an elec. reel, you really can't say it's that hard to work with. remember when everyone used 15' whips of 1.5" lead hose? now running 2" all the way to the wand is "normal" using a Whip is a vacation...It's the same deal with 2.5, If running it to the door, or even into the first room is kicking your ass, you need to lay off the McNuggets and have a Tofu sammy next time.

50% more suck is worth the buck, no matter how you slice it.....and Yes I used 2.5 before it was cool, before cuffs and such were even made for it.

If you actually cleaned carpet and like...5-6 jobs a day you would do what I did.
and I can BP two of you.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
The 2.5 is only good over 35 degrees after that it is like a frozen pipe. You guys will chimps need not reply.

Mike Draper

Art Kelley said:
I know it's heresy but IDGAS, some jobs I'll run a 50' line of 1 1/2 hose with an unglided 12" wand if I'm going all the place in a house and I have 87 minutes to do four rooms and some furniture. The first room is dry to the touch when I'm done so what's the big fooking deal? BTW I love my new Parker Parflex hose; stuff doesn't weigh anything after lugging the Goodyear hose around for a few decades. When you carry the 1 1/2" vac and the Parker solution hose you can kick some serious ass with a small lightweight package.

HACK, Dry to the touch..................... :roll:

Greenie

C Pennington said:
If you actually cleaned carpet and like...5-6 jobs a day you would do what I did.
and I can BP two of you.

I weigh 230lbs, so g'head press away.

btw; "what" did you do, you didn't say how you set up your gig?

and why on earth are you doing 5-6 jobs a day, do I need to fly you out to Santa Cruz for a week?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
being as most jobs are 100' i pull off 50 of 2" and 50 of 2.5....

anything over the 100, gets a 2nd set of 2.5, then i have 100' of 2" under that...so 250' of hose.....

last night had a job at 275' (i have a whip of 2" to) and that fooker just screams...36 blower btw...still want a bigger one for dualling and such, chimpy was still like "you want a bigger blower???"

And i work with it in the cold to.....there is a helluva lot more things i hate working with in the cold, then a 2.5" hose...though it does hold the snow in the cracks, like a fat man at the buffet...

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I will never go back, I would also get the 2.5" filter

I only run 50' in residential, (to many problem for me to run 100' into a home) and more in bigger open areas. A 20' whip of 2" takes a little getting use to if you do it

it is flexable enough but you will find the it has a bigger curve in it while it is on the floor in a "S" pattern

I have pulled the bend to tight a few times and collapsed the hose but I have pretty big blower

Greenie said:
C Pennington said:
and I can BP two of you.

I weigh 230lbs, so g'head press away.

btw; "what" did you do, you didn't say how you set up your gig?

and why on earth are you doing 5-6 jobs a day, do I need to fly you out to Santa Cruz for a week?

Cuz were slammed and I handle the overflow....I forgot you were pregnant..lol my max is 415 so lose some weight.

Mr.V

I ran 2.5 LONG before it was the latest rage and unless you're running over 150 ft. it's pointless IMO :shock:

but to whine over the difficulty of using it is ridiculous..........better start eating some wheaties guys

I was using the old outrageously heavy black and yellow bumble bee stuff from steamway and I wasn't whining.....I'm not a big dude at all btw.

Greenie

It can be argued to be pointless, I mean I "get" it, most guys honestly Feel they have good vacuum as it is, and truth being they do for the industry standard.

2.5 is about exceling above and beyond the standard.

It's pretty hard to doubt what 100' of 2.5 can do for a 150' hose run on a #4 blower....too many end users that won't go back to the "easy" work of running all 2".

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I've used it in the most radical cold weather (30-40 F Below Zero) I still won't go back;and now with my Butler with the 2.5 live reel, it is even better. I have the hose split into 25 foot sections and just split it off the reel and plug the end of the unused 2.5 left on the reel. I have a Greenie "Y" splitter. Great set up IMO. And my little girls who are under 100 pounds and work with me everyday can handle it. We notice an improved difference with the 2.5 vs just 2 inch.

Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom