Starting Issue

ThrottleUp

Name
Harold Nunez
Well, I'm at the tail end of the van update (although it's almost a new van). I've change pump oil, vacuum pump oil, engine oil, redid all the connections with flash cuffs, drilled a hole in the top lid and made it a 4 to the door. So no it won't start. I still need to change the fuel filter but I wasn't in a rush to climb under the van. I only see one fuel filter and it's under the van. I do not see any others near the engine. I am not sure where the waste tank kill switch but the tank was pretty dirty so now tomorrow I will spray it down. I will double check the new oil level. It looks to me like the vacuum pump oil needs to be topped off now that I fired up the engine.
---So when I start it, it barely starts and then chokes out. Feels like a fuel/air problem but I want to be sure I'm not missing anything. If I pull and hold the choke out All the way it runs a few seconds longer but still stalls. It was running without issue before all the fluid changes.

Reactions: SamIam

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Well, I'm at the tail end of the van update (although it's almost a new van). I've change pump oil, vacuum pump oil, engine oil, redid all the connections with flash cuffs, drilled a hole in the top lid and made it a 4 to the door. So no it won't start. I still need to change the fuel filter but I wasn't in a rush to climb under the van. I only see one fuel filter and it's under the van. I do not see any others near the engine. I am not sure where the waste tank kill switch but the tank was pretty dirty so now tomorrow I will spray it down. I will double check the new oil level. It looks to me like the vacuum pump oil needs to be topped off now that I fired up the engine.
---So when I start it, it barely starts and then chokes out. Feels like a fuel/air problem but I want to be sure I'm not missing anything. If I pull and hold the choke out All the way it runs a few seconds longer but still stalls. It was running without issue before all the fluid changes.
I recently had this happen to me.
It was two issues.
A piece of rubber hose found its way into the carburetor choke area, causing the choke not to work properly.
But the main reason was that the wiring to the float switch got disconnected.
Do you have enough fuel in the tank? I've had the TM not start due to "No Fuel" when the gauge was at 1/3 full. The TM fuel pickup should never be able to drain the fuel tank completely.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I recently had this happen to me.
It was two issues.
A piece of rubber hose found its way into the carburetor choke area, causing the choke not to work properly.
But the main reason was that the wiring to the float switch got disconnected.
Do you have enough fuel in the tank? I've had the TM not start due to "No Fuel" when the gauge was at 1/3 full. The TM fuel pickup should never be able to drain the fuel tank completely.
I had a chunk of rubber in fuel line once.

But like everyone else need at least the machine name.

Sounds like a prochem

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Change the fuel filter, take the fuel line off the engine, put it in a bottle and prime to see if you have good fuel flow.

Could be fuel pump, fuel filter.

Or a low pressure switch

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Show us some detailed pics of your machine and be certain your fuel tank is over 1/4 tank. Your fuel tap hose might be higher in the tank than you think, so start the machine with a full tank

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom