Sold my business after 50 years Steam cleaning

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Congratulations Loren

Your insights and help have always been appreciated here, and I hope you'll check in here still.

I'm glad retirement at a young enough age to enjoy life and decide what you'll do in it's next chapter.

Thanks for all you've done for us here.

Thanks Jim.
I feel like a young 70. Good health and all. Just thought it was time to quit cleaning rather than run myself into the ground. I haven’t missed going to work, so that’s nice! :biggrin:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Congrats Loren, enjoy retirement! Have always appreciated your insight over the years, you're a wealth of knowledge.
I’ve learned a lot being on Mikey’s Board. Happy to share what I’ve picked up by osmosis over the years. Hard to believe I survived this long, especially when I was cleaning in Minnesota! :hopeless: Eh? Mr. Saiger? :)

F

FB7777

Not as much as Steve Toburen would have liked. :)
But I felt I received as reasonable amount for the stage the business was in at this point. Certainly didn’t get rich. :winky:
The buyer let me keep the business for about 6 weeks before he took over so I could receive the payment after the first of the year for tax purposes.

The cliff notes about SFS and Steve Toburen’s cash out success was
by his own admission that he OWNED the Real Estate his business operated out of

I’m content with my long term strategy of wealth building via investing BUT purchasing a building to operate out of after 5-10 years after starting would have been a huge improvement to my bottom line

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
We have our eye on a home in Angels Camp, so hope our home sells quickly. A contingent offer didn’t fly. The market is slower there so hopefully things will work out.
I was always hoping to bump into you someday when I go to the East Bay to visit family. Congrats on your retirement and long cleaning career. If you ever make it to Redding or want to relocate, come play with me in my Rug shop. I could use the help.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I was always hoping to bump into you someday when I go to the East Bay to visit family. Congrats on your retirement and long cleaning career. If you ever make it to Redding or want to relocate, come play with me in my Rug shop. I could use the help.
If we knew what each other looked like we may have met at the proline swap meet. I think I saw your A+ truck there once.

randy

Name
Randy
Very happy for you, Loren but grieved for this board at the prospect of you not coming around. You have always been a big help to everyone going all the way back when there was a blue board, red board etc. WOW how time passes so quickly.
May GOD bless you with a very long and joyful retirement.

scotty747

1579360951811.png
Yeah but what about Bob?

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Very happy for you, Loren but grieved for this board at the prospect of you not coming around. You have always been a big help to everyone going all the way back when there was a blue board, red board etc. WOW how time passes so quickly.
May GOD bless you with a very long and joyful retirement.
I hear you. I think it was 2001 when I got on the carpet cleaning boards. Doesn’t seem that long ago. Time does pass quickly! :)

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
The racket is over...Good Luck Loren...When I looked at your website photos, you know it's time to quit when all your pics of carpet cleaning are green and orange...Lol
Yup. Our website was long overdue for a re-do. If I had taken the time to learn how to change it it would have been more up to date. Had someone in Romania build it a long time ago.

• Haha
Reactions: KevinL and todg

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Icleanz was spot on...Loren ,I remember the posts and the pictures from the past. There were a few on you in the trade journals. During stages of your career. Wish you only the best. An just do whatever makes you smile...Life is short ,keep healthy and do pop in from time to time...An never worry about fading away. To us an those you inspired-Your Legend...We never fade !

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm taking mine at 63. I'll be lucky to see 70.
That's the kicker longevity necessity wife life expectancy... Ect ect.

If I can swing until I'm 67-68 waiting maybe good.

59 almost 60 encapped a church 3000 sq ft pews suck.

2 rooms hall step sofa love and 500 sq ft of tile

Long day but doing well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom