Smokey Bar

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I know this isnt a restoration question but, I thought some of you guys would have an answer. A buddy of mine has a bar in Glenn Mills, Pa. The basement is a sports bar with pool tables and stuff. It gets extremely smoky down there and he wants to do something about it. Would a normal airscrubber work? jon don has a "force air" 2000ec for under a grand. I told him i would help him out. If we were to mount this in a back room and duct it above the drop ceiling to different points in the place, would this effectively remove the smoke? Any other ideas? He has a bunch of small smoke eaters but they dont do shit. Also the room is about 30x40 with 10 foot ceilings.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Have him check with his HVAC guy to get that air exchanged more often or exhausted out.

Air scrubber is pretty passive and I doubt he would notice much of a reduction.

WISE

I had a bar that was just ridiculous how much smoke would be in there by midnight or so...

We had a few small smoke eater deals that did nothing. Then we had a company come in and properly size a Smoke-Eeter and they also did something with the HVAC--can't remember what that was...I don't think the two were tied in together, but anyway...

Point being, it cost us about $4k, but it was worth every penny, just amazing the difference.

WISE

steve g

Name
steve garrett
they have been thinking about a smoking ban even in bars here, and the owners had a fit about the thought of that. I heard they banned smoking in bars in some city and business actually even went up. I think this would happen if they did that. what if he ran an ozone machine everyday during off hours and at night

WISE

They passed a smoking ban here.

Of course I am against that. It should be left to the owner to determine and then let the market dictate. Also passed closing at 2am awhile back. However N Charleston has neither. Apparently, their nightclubs are booming.

Downtown the idea was to keep the drunks and lunatics from raising hell all night if the bars closed at 2...now they just go back to somebody's house and party all night...right in the very neighborhoods of the people that were complaining...That is funny to me! Also, there are half the pub patrons standing outside on the sidewalk smoking...so sidewalks are crammed and smoky and there are cig butts everywhere.

Big Brother with the answer to everything.

WISE

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Well the smokling ban was just passed here, with stipulations. Basically if 20% of your business is food or more, then you cant smoke, so most bars will be smoke free. However, This bar is divided, sports bar downstairs, resaraunt upstairs. When you order food downstairs, it is rung up upstairs and "delivired" to you down stairs. Everyone thinks he should just make it all nonsmoking. But his thought is that it is the only place you can smoke in the area then it will increase business. Especially being near a college town where all of the other bars will be smoke free. i think he is wrong, but it is not my place. IN any event I appreciate the responses. I will tell him to look for a company or hvac contractor that specializes in that.

Back
Top Bottom