Sharing some good news

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Just wanted to share my good fortune. Picked up two great (meaning priced well) commercial accounts that are worth about 2500 a month. I know you people who live in towns with those fancy 3 story buildings may scoff but in Podunk Oregon this will mean eating a little more regular in the winter.
Al

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
admiralclean said:
CC or janitorial?
if CC, i'm jealous!

i've never yet had a CC account that big...someday tho.

congrats.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Commercial carpet. If it was jan work I would shoot myself. Did one jan account about 30 years ago and just hated it.

JCoviello

Askal said:
Just wanted to share my good fortune. Picked up two great (meaning priced well) commercial accounts that are worth about 2500 a month. I know you people who live in towns with those fancy 3 story buildings may scoff but in Podunk Oregon this will mean eating a little more regular in the winter.
Al

Congrats! Do whatever you have too to keep them happy! Nice score. :)

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
HWE on all at their request. It has been a personal/business relationship I have been courting for a few years. I think if you are able to establish a reliable and trusting relationship with a prospective customer BEFORE you get the account they will remain your customer for a lot longer. For the PM account I just set up a meeting and after giving them our info and dog and pony show I said "I think your loyalty to your current vendor is admirable. When they say the carpet needs to be replaced and won't guarantee results call us. They did and on some trashed urine soaked rentals they paid from 200 to 500 to us for the job. I said "if you replace the carpet then there is no charge. If you keep it then I will bill you." After a year or so they switched to us. During this period I told the guys "What ever it takes, no matter how much we lose, make this carpet salvageable."
On the other account I knew the manager from other places he has worked. Every time I ate any place he worked I made an effort to seek him out to say hello and left a card with the bill. Probably left 75 cards. I also sent business his way by booking banquets for service clubs I belong to so it was reciprocal. It is a restaurant but a very nice one. The windows alone are a little under 1000 per cleaning plus the carpets which I will get in a few weeks.
I just love it when consultative/relationship sales pan out. If it takes a few years then so much the sweeter. It was a little long but you asked.

Back
Top Bottom