Service Monster link

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
been trying all day. That link they sent me doesn't work. I can only get on Mobile. Can't get a call back from support this afternoon. I assume they are swamped with others like me. Very frustrating !

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I hate updates that improve things but don't. I loved the search feature on the system before. If you put in a partial of the name it would bring up all names or addresses that matched your partial even phone number partials.

Now it will only bring up addresses. We have to ask a current customer what their address is just to find the account.

It goes like this. Hi mrs jones and thank you for being a customer for so long. What is your street address so I can look up your account? Its horrible and needs to be fixed!

Mikey P

Administrator
read your emails goof ball. it works fine, different but fine.

Late last night an update was launched to ServiceMonster that has caused some technical issues related to the login in and some of the functionality of the site.

Please take the following steps in order to access your ServiceMonster account:
While in Internet Explorer, please hold down the ALT key on your keyboard and press T. This will open up the tools menu for Internet Explorer. The bottom option in here is “Internet Options”. Click on this to open the Internet Options dialogue box. There is a button part way down that says “Delete”. Using this button, clear out your Temporary Internet Files and Cookies. Once this process has completed, close out of Internet Explorer and re-open it.

Due to the update, a new URL (web address) needs to be used to access the ServiceMonster login page. The new login web address is listed below:

ServiceMonster Desktop Version:
http://c19092-113472.cloudapp.net/servicemonster/

From this page you will login using your normal ServiceMonster login credentials.

Once you have reached the ServiceMonster login page using the above URL, you will want to put your system into compatibility mode and add us as a trusted site. To accomplish this, again hold down the ALT key on your keyboard and press T. This will access the Tools menu. From this menu, click the option for “Compatibility View Settings”. This new screen will have a small text box with an add button next to it. Make sure the new login URL for ServiceMonster is in that text box and click Add to place us in compatibility mode. Once this has been completed, click the close button on the bottom right side of that box.

To add us as a trusted site, you will once again hold down the ALT key on your keyboard and press T to open up the tools menu. Go down to the bottom option, which is “Internet Options”, and choose that option. From here, there are several tabs that go across the top of this screen. Click on the one that says “Security”. On this tab, you will want the green check mark for Trusted Sites highlighted, and then click the button that says “Sites”. The new page that opens up will again have a small text box with an add button next to it. Make sure ServiceMonsters new login URL is in that text box and click the add button to add us as a trusted site.

Now ServiceMonster should be configured correctly. There will still be SOME functionality issues as we are still working on some bugs, but your system is now configured to best handle ServiceMonster.

If you are still experiencing further issues please contact us at 888-901-3300 or email us at support@principalfocus.com. However, please be aware that due to the current issues in ServiceMonster, our support is extremely busy and will answer your questions as they come. Please be patient and if you are unable to reach us via phone, please leave us a voicemail or email us as a followup.
ServiceMonster Update: Server Issues

To:pailliotet@sbcglobal.net

Dear Clients,

As you are probably quite aware, a ServiceMonster update that we launched last night did not go as planned. The goal of the update was to upgrade everybody to ServiceMonster 4.10; in addition, we were switching server vendors. Our hope was that our clients would now be able to enjoy 4.10's exciting new features; in addition, we wanted to switch server vendors so that future ServiceMonster updates would be easier to perform.

The good news is, we have succeeded in both taking our clients to 4.10 and switching to our new servers. The bad news is, the changes have created a number of unforeseen technical issues that we are still working to resolve.

We deeply regret the inconvenience this has caused our clients. We had no idea that these updates would cause these sorts of setbacks; otherwise, we wouldn't have attempted them. We understand that you are all very busy and that this interruption in your ServiceMonster service has been very problematic and badly-timed. We’d like to offer you our sincerest apologies.

Currently, we’re doing hourly updates in order to solve the functionality issues caused by these changes. Some of our clients may be experiencing more of these than others.

Known Issues:

1. Accessing ServiceMonster:

a.) If you’re having difficulties logging in to ServiceMonster, first clear out your temporary Internet files and Cookies (see our technical service bulletin from this morning for specific instructions on this).

b.) Add ServiceMonster’s new URL to your list of trusted sites: http://c19092-113472.cloudapp.net/servicemonster/.

c.) Login using your regular login information.

2. Accessing ServiceMonster Mobile 2.0:

a.) If you’re having difficulty logging in to ServiceMonster Mobile 2.0, enable JavaScript and Cookies on your mobile device (these options should be available in your browser settings).

b.) Go to ServiceMonster Mobile 2.0’s new URL: http://c19092-113472.cloudapp.net/mobile/login.aspx.

c.) Login using your regular login information.

3. Scheduling settings:

a.) If your scheduling settings are working incorrectly, you need to reset them.

b.) From the “Scheduling” tab in ServiceMonster, go to the “Options” menu and select “Schedule Settings”.

c.) Change the zip code, driving range, and color wheel to the correct settings.

4. You may be unsure of how to use ServiceMonster 4.10:

a.) If you’re confused about how to use ServiceMonster 4.10, watch this short training video. It explains ServiceMonster 4.10’s new scheduling features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5bdM_cZMYc.

We also know that you may be experiencing:

• Problems with searching on the left-hand navigator;
• Web connector issues;
• Reports errors;
• General navigation problems.

Again, we’re very sorry about these issues and are working as quickly as possible to eliminate them.

In the meantime, Customer Support is working very hard to reply to each and every one of your calls and emails. We’ve received an unprecedented number of client communications today, so while we may be unable to respond to your call immediately, please be assured that we will contact you as soon as possible. We will also maintain extended hours tomorrow (Aug. 23), from 6:00 a.m. PST to 6:00 p.m. PST.

Thank you for your patience.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
yeah well thats all good ..but i had to hear it from me wife this morning over this...so i think 6 pints of guinness at the hooker bar at connections should make it right for me, thank you service monster

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Mobile version is still down. The version i use 90% of the time...

thank you for posting the info. I'm updating my desktop now.

Last edited:
C

clean image

very frustrating

warning. on my end there is a 30 second delay before it will save a new custy or work order, with no progess bar

hitting save multiple times may result in multiple work orders saved

Mikey P

Administrator
very frustrating

warning. on my end there is a 30 second delay before it will save a new custy or work order, with no progess bar

hitting save multiple times may result in multiple work orders saved

same here.

keep the gripes coming, Joe watches this board like a hawk.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I was told that one of the upgrades was a "dran and drop" for the schedule but when I had my office manager try it - it didn't work. Was I misinformed or is it just not working?

Mikey P

Administrator
I was told that one of the upgrades was a "dran and drop" for the schedule but when I had my office manager try it - it didn't work. Was I misinformed or is it just not working?

You have to hold down the ALT button for the drag and drop to function.

I'd worry about an office manger who could not figure that out..

Unless "office manager" translates to "dear ol' mom who is turning 70" this year..

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I am enjoying the new board and changes. Good job guys. hope SM changes work out too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom