Seems Filmagora video editing app working well...

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

Mark, I'm pretty new to some editing stuff so please excuse my ignorance. The last video I made I added some music that I downloaded from the App. I then uploaded the edited video to YouTube. Within an hour I got an email from YouTube that the music I used had some sort of tracking for marketing by the source provider. They were letting me know everything was fine and that my account did not get a copyright strike and no action on my part was needed. Only if the source provider disputed the use of the music it would become an issue.

My question to you is; is this normal? Do you get these emails when using music from the app and is it no big deal?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark, I'm pretty new to some editing stuff so please excuse my ignorance. The last video I made I added some music that I downloaded from the App. I then uploaded the edited video to YouTube. Within an hour I got an email from YouTube that the music I used had some sort of tracking for marketing by the source provider. They were letting me know everything was fine and that my account did not get a copyright strike and no action on my part was needed. Only if the source provider disputed the use of the music it would become an issue.

My question to you is; is this normal? Do you get these emails when using music from the app and is it no big deal?
I did have that happen about 5 times with the Video Pro app (kind of pissed me off actually)

One of them after a year came in and made the claim.

The Filmagora app I went to YouTube on my computer, downloaded some of their free music and emailed to me. I then saved that music to my phone to use.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well damn, Maybe I should take that video down. Or at least make a note about it within the video description.

FredC

Village Idiot
I doubt there is a reason to do that.

Which notice did you actually get

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I doubt there is a reason to do that.

Which notice did you actually get
This is the email:

Then I clicked on the "View Claim details" link.
ty thing.png

The email has me a little bit on guard. I'm probably okay.

FredC

Village Idiot
I could be wrong but I think filmora's catalog is royalty free, available for both personal and commercial use, and there is no attribution requirement.

Youtubes algorithm recognizes the song and sends the letter.

Should not be an issue.

but if it is being monetized by claimant I might dispute

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad74

FredC

Village Idiot
I have a collection of them, differing in wording, across several accounts. Haven't had a vid removed yet or received any letters.

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
It's just the music you chose Damon....I wouldn't worry about it either....my Cat Video with P-Lime-zyme a person came in and claimed copy right and getting the monetizing off my video using the music.

Filmagora doesn't offer much music choices so that is why I went to the YouTube Free Video site and listened and downloaded some

It too me a while to find the audio library...hopefully this is the link.

Download to your computer and email to yourself to download and save the music to your phone is what I did

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom