SD Pays off

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I implemented a few lessons from Mikeysfest San Diego, first day in NJ

Eric Sprague, Blue Collar Nation, reinforced to me that if you tell the custy first when you screw up, it is better. My plastic fabric shaver fell off the table and dinged the wood floor.
I DEFINATLEY could have not said anything, red oak floor with knots and some scratches. But I made it a good situation when I told her and she took me up on fixing it. Called an awesome carpenter and he came over as I was still cleaning. He had a pencil wood filler, the lady was over the top impressed about my response.
2B469F80-364A-4AA1-8546-D90D887C976D.jpeg

So Melody David, Americolor taught me how to dye carpet. The carpenter had a darker shade and a lighter shade on his truck than what I would have used, and we went darker in this case because it "Camos" in with the knots.
No after pic because I got crushed cleaning a sectional for a lot longer than planned, but it looked like new. Picture time was over at this point, lol.

Cliff from Atlanta taught me how nice it is to see someone smile, so I did.

During Pic.
9AE1291E-9770-488E-A382-CB31A8DA8F3C.jpeg
DCB163FD-919B-48B5-8D00-B75E36C37EC5.jpeg

After Pic
C1129E10-9BDD-4C81-8B21-D113CEA66101.jpeg
I was praising the dog, and actually this dog is like mine and we got ourselves a play date.

This was discussed about how imortant pets are to homeowners. And this one was the case.

Then Billy from Hawaii taught me some life lessons and is just an information gold mine and a great dude. And I move too much furniture.

Heres to Billy
07BE8C2F-36B1-47BB-B123-AB33EEEB0B60.jpeg

And heres to the cool crowd I didnt get to hang with as much a I would have liked to.
A2916AFC-AA9B-499B-962D-3F9E65CEEC71.jpeg

Gotta run, my 8 year old had family "STEAM" night at her school, no pun intended.

PS. If we met at SDfest, please PM me on this board. I have no social media to communicate. Im bad with names.

More will follow because this was just day one back.

Last edited:

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I implemented a few lessons from Mikeysfest San Diego, first day in NJ

Eric Sprague, Blue Collar Nation, reinforced to me that if you tell the custy first when you screw up, it is better. My plastic fabric shaver fell off the table and dinged the wood floor.
I DEFINATLEY could have not said anything, red oak floor with knots and some scratches. But I made it a good situation when I told her and she took me up on fixing it. Called an awesome carpenter and he came over as I was still cleaning. He had a pencil wood filler, the lady was over the top impressed about my response.
View attachment 120428

So Melody Davis, Americolor taught me how to dye carpet. The carpenter had a darker shade and a lighter shade on his truck than what I would have used, and we went darker in this case because it "Camos" in with the knots.
No after pic because I got crushed cleaning a sectional for a lot longer than planned, but it looked like new. Picture time was over at this point, lol.

Cliff from Atlanta taught me how nice it is to see someone smile, so I did.

During Pic.
View attachment 120429
View attachment 120431

After Pic
View attachment 120430
I was praising the dog, and actually this dog is like mine and we got ourselves a play date.

This was discussed about how imortant pets are to homeowners. And this one was the case.

Then Billy from Hawaii taught me some life lessons and is just an information gold mine and a great dude. And I move too much furniture.

Heres to Billy
View attachment 120432

And heres to the cool crowd I didnt get to hang with as much a I would have liked to.
View attachment 120433

Gotta run, my 8 year old had family "STEAM" night at her school, no pun intended.

PS. If we met at SDfest, please PM me on this board. I have no social media to communicate. Im bad with names.

More will follow because this was just day one back.

Cool.

Sounds like solid advice!

I'm happy for you that everything worked out well regarding the ding in the wood floor. Also, I like the looks of that stair tool. It appears to concentrate all the force into a small footprint for optimal results. What kind is it? Is that a PMF stair tool?

Ok, I'm done being serious...

"Hey bud, lets party"! 😎 :very_drunk:

Reactions: Mike J

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Cool.

Sounds like solid advice!

I'm happy for you that everything worked out well regarding the ding in the wood floor. Also, I like the looks of that stair tool. It appears to concentrate all the force into a small footprint for optimal results. What kind is it? Is that a PMF stair tool?

Ok, I'm done being serious...

"Hey bud, lets party"! 😎 :very_drunk:

PMF is the only stair tool I ever used. You are right on with the performance.

Reactions: Giorgio

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
That was quick, second job back and should put a dent, or pay for my new AMERICOLOR DYE kit.

Contact
49088292-D730-4ACA-BCC7-C01330F39ECF_1_201_a.jpeg
FCC938AA-49A3-48E7-A442-0ECF02CD86B9.jpeg

Cant wait for the kit and the online course! Got this waiting

AAD7ACBE-4868-4DC3-981D-A77830BA15FC.jpeg

Pay me

BB0C39A9-A1B8-4FD1-9E60-76A0420058D9.jpeg

(tried to shorten the post). Im just stoked I can help this 5 star customer, Pay the Man. 28D1B2C0-A42A-44C1-965B-922C7E37786F.jpeg

Last edited:

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
That was quick, second job back and should put a dent, or pay for my new AMERICOLOR DYE kit.

Contact
View attachment 120453

Cant wait for the kit and the online course! Got this waiting

View attachment 120456

Pay me

View attachment 120454

(tried to shorten the post). Im just stoked I can help this 5 star customer, Pay the Man. View attachment 120455
I took a dyeclass many many years ago from her father Ernie.
Had already been doing it for a while but you can never know too much.

Small spots like that if you carry a couple of permanent Sharpie markers of different colors to touch up really helps

They may not be completely perfect but if you tone them down, the discoloration does not draw your eye to it as much and they are not noticeable

It can be so fast on little spots like that you can do it and not even charge and the customer is happy as long as they understand it may not be completely permanent

Reactions: Mikey P

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Small spots like that if you carry a couple of permanent Sharpie markers of different colors to touch up really helps

They may not be completely perfect but if you tone them down, the discoloration does not draw your eye to it as much and they are not noticeable

It can be so fast on little spots like that you can do it and not even charge and the customer is happy as long as they understand it may not be completely permanent
I ddn't take the course, but I went to dinner with him. Lee Senter and Bryan O'Hallock and a few other folks. (Sorry if I butchered you're name Bryan.) ( But I used the right Bryan and not Brian)

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides

good to know. But the Professional Kit is gonna be an honest money maker. Gonna come back for spots with a minimum charge for those spots. I focus so much on cleaning, extras throw me off. Im gonna have a nice set up from Americolor. The more i learn the more I charge. something like that.

The more I learn the more I earn.

Last edited:

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

Willy P

Name
Willy P
good to know. But the Professional Kit is gonna be an honest money maker. Gonna come back for spots with a minimum charge for those spots. I focus so much on cleaning, extras throw me off. Im gonna have a nice set up from Americolor. The more i learn the more I charge. something like that.

The more I learn the more I earn.

You have those steamers to use with the dye. High heat makes the dye strike into the fiber. I used to help out some guys that ran Langenwalter franchises. They did pretty well for themselves. And practice, practice and practice. Unless things have changed polyester or olefin that won't accept dyes because of being solution dyed. Purple spots are 99 times out of 100 polyester. Polyester will take the but will wash out on the next cleaning.

The information I'm posting is dated and I've never worked with Americolor dyes but that was sort of the basics as I was taught. Also test to see if you're colour blind. You can go darker but not lighter.

I'll shut up now.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rick J and Mike J
Name
Nate W.
You have those steamers to use with the dye. High heat makes the dye strike into the fiber. I used to help out some guys that ran Langenwalter franchises. They did pretty well for themselves. And practice, practice and practice. Unless things have changed polyester or olefin that won't accept dyes because of being solution dyed. Purple spots are 99 times out of 100 polyester. Polyester will take the but will wash out on the next cleaning.

The information I'm posting is dated and I've never worked with Americolor dyes but that was sort of the basics as I was taught. Also test to see if you're colour blind. You can go darker but not lighter.

I'll shut up now.

Times have changed, you can successfully dye polyester and olefin.. Different dyes are used than the traditional acid dyes..

Reactions: Willy P

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides

I'll shut up now.
THANK YOU! That is GREAT to know. I will incorporate that into my carpet dyeing for sure. But first I need to learn how to dye with the course in March with Americolor. I was just introduced to it after turning down hundreds of jobs and every year I see the same spots when cleaning. This is great. Mikeysboard pulls through again! Thank you Willy P.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Times have changed, you can successfully dye polyester and olefin.. Different dyes are used than the traditional acid dyes..
I would be curious.
I have tried using RIT to improve those polys, olefins that succomb to chemicals ,(which , by the way they are sold as not being damaged by) also the CTI carpet cosmetics, crayons and many others. Never with any success.

As for heat, when doing spot dyes. Took the classes numerous times.
finally decided, on my own, hheating the liquid, was not practical. Did not stay hot long enough . got a couple of the steamers, such as the old type of Stanley wallpaper, or Namcos,..; to heat the fibers. They never worked for me more than a couple of times before they quit pumping. Even using distilled H2O, and cleaning out with vinegar. Now, just on old fashion steam iron from thrift stores... because ones that don't shut off on their own are hard to come by. Also for red removal. I hold it just above the carpet letting the steam heat it up.

AND,, black is your friend , in case they don't teach that nowadays. They did not when I learned.

Reactions: Mike J

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Last edited:

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
The house I banged the wood floor up, just gave me a BANGING review and recommendation. Honesty is best policy. I wanted to shoot one more doe this year and now I probably am gonna have to fregin work. Careful what you wish for.:frown:

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I highly recommend Larry and Eric from Super Tech University.

I didnt know it, but it was exactly what I needed for my business and life. I signed up after the first free lesson that we got from being in SD Fest. If I never met in person, I wouldnt even have tried. But after meeting them and listening, and my wife being interested, I looked at it. I did some mock lessons with my nephew, son, and a part timer who Im trying to break away from white collar boring job.
AMAZING! and its not just me. We are taking this very serious, and IMO, would be a shame not to look at the 3 min videos that may reconfirm your actions and teach your techs right with the soft skills.

D6A5B19E-60CF-4AE6-9EC3-DDBE7215927C.jpeg

Thanks Eric and Larry, I did.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
San Diego paid off again big time. It was the reason I went to Texas. You have to remember, everything is relative. San Diego was awesome, Texas was another level of awesome. I hope you all get that opportunity again. MikeyP is the best. Bryan Thomson, and Charles Reyes in the same room.......you cant touch that. If this ever gets to be a proffesional sport, I would be happy to be a waterboy on their team, and every single person I was surrounded by in TEXAS. I went to Texas.
IMG_0625.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom