schedule time off... that's an order.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I am now required to schedule two days off a week and schedule eight hours of sleep between my night and day shifts.

The boss has found me sleeping in too many strange places. Pulling the van over for a hour nap, sleeping at my desk because there is no time to go home between shifts etc...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I only fell asleep driving the van once. I woke up before I hit anything. From now on I pull over and sleep even if I have to call the customer and let them know.

F

FB7777

dude ,you gotta be more careful you could have made a fatal mistake!

replacing a van and equipment can be very costly for the owner

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
It was almost two years ago. I had the cruise set at eighty and nodded off. Woke up just in time to gently stear the van back towards the road. No rumble strip. I wonder what woke me. Van never went off the road.

Btw road was a seventy five.

TimP

Sounds like it's time for the boss to get another truck on the road and you train someone.

You should be fired.Man up dude.
I bet your like , i should open my own business so other may sleep . Loser.....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Lance, what the hell are you talking about?

Did you read the post?

I have been working twenty plus hour shifts to make sure that EVERY customer that calls has a chance to get their carpets cleaned even though I have a lot of late night and overnight jobs. When I catch some Z's at my desk it is because I only have 2 hours to do so before needing to work for another five to eight hours. If I pull over the van to sleep it is so that I don't fall asleep at the wheel because a guy only gets that lucky once and then he learns to pull over when he is tired.

Maybe I should get fired for falling asleep in the van a few years back while heading to a job, but I didn't. I told him about it and he chose not to fire me.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
And whether or not he was mis-informed, I would like to take this opportunity to say that I think lance is a complete douchebag.

Probably doesn't mean much coming from me though. :lol: :wink: :shock:

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Mikey P said:
Your boss needs to hire another chump.

Or Gary just needs to go into business for himself!!!!!! Why he isn't is beyond me!!! :roll: Between him and Hoody, I don't know whos ass needs to be kicked worse!! Both working like dogs for other people!! Life is too short, enjoy it!!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I hired another guy. He got a better job within a month. Double pay plus benefits. For my next hire I didn't hire somebody as good. We are a good option for him. He can't make much more than what we pay him. Needs more training and babysitting but overall will be an excellent tech. Onluy problem is things will start slowing down by the time I can trust him to go out on his own. I think I'll have the second van running next summer.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Gary, are you hourly or salary?

When I managed crews of Field Service Techs I had a standing order for the engineers to pull off and sleep it off. 1/2 hour of shutdown time does wonders for the body.

When I worked in the field, A milk crate between the front seats made a fine bed for those 20 hr days.

Back
Top Bottom