Saving about 26% on Credit card processing fees...

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
By using Venmo instead of Square. :biggrin:
And 65% on fees by not using Square to invoice clients.
And my clients love using it.-- But SF is a tech-savvy town.

Reactions: DAT

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
26% of what?
1.9% Venmo fee vs 2.6% or more for Square fee.
At 1st glance, the difference looks like only .7% but that amounts to a 26% difference.

When you use Square to send an invoice online that allows the client to pay safely online with a credit card the fee is 3.9%

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I'm saving 100%. I now charge a CC processing fee.
There are rules that need to be followed when doing this.
@FredC posted them before and it seemed too overwhelming to me to follow.
The Dic-pic dye guy charged me a CC processing fee -- and THAT rubbed me the wrong way.

• Haha
Reactions: SamIam

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
There are rules that need to be followed when doing this.
@FredC posted them before and it seemed too overwhelming to me to follow.
The Dic-pic dye guy charged me a CC processing fee -- and THAT rubbed me the wrong way.
Yup. I’m up on it. I tell them ahead of time there is a 4% fee for CC. They have the option to back out when booking. I also tell them again when I arrive and measure everything out. its not hard. In 2018 a federal court held up a ruling stating that the 1985 Ca law can not be enforced.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
1.9% Venmo fee vs 2.6% or more for Square fee.
At 1st glance, the difference looks like only .7% but that amounts to a 26% difference.

When you use Square to send an invoice online that allows the client to pay safely online with a credit card the fee is 3.9%
You have to be doing billions(like Mikey) to realize the difference

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
@Papa John I’ll tell you another reason why I started charging. I never charged the fee until I got an employee. We started doing this $150 FB marketing special and it blew up my schedule. But the customers were of such low quality we were only averaging $25 in upsells and everyone was paying with debt cards. Then, I never ask for tips and I have the tip option turned off on my square app. Well………

My employee complained he never gets any tips and asked me to turn the feature back on so he could beg for tips. Then on top of that the square fees and his hourly wages (about $34 an hour after weekly bonus). It was actually digging in a bit.

Now that I stopped the FB marketing to lunch box coupon clippers, things are getting back to normal.

Reactions: hogjowl

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Somehow I get the feeling Papa. John doesn't let his customers have a choice and forces them to pay by VenmoPal...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Sorry---I wanted to pay you back quickly-- and when you asked if I could pay you in Crypto-currency- I used Venmo, because it has that option available.

Maybe I'll convert some of my business earnings to crypto and see what happens.

• Wow
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Sorry---I wanted to pay you back quickly-- and when you asked if I could pay you in Crypto-currency- I used Venmo, because it has that option available.

Maybe I'll convert some of my business earnings to crypto and see what happens.
To be fair, Ive received funds four more times since you handcuffed me to it, knowing now of the 26% savings over square which I normally use, I'll be pushing more for it, with my billionaire hipster clients.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
You have to be doing billions(like Mikey) to realize the difference
I guess you are better at English than Math. :oldrolleyes:

With just $4014.12 in Venmo transactions, I paid $77.12 in fees in just EIGHT WORKDAYS.
If I had used Square, the fees would have been at least $104.37.

$77.12 vs. $104.37 = $27.25-- That's 2-3 lunches or maybe half a tank of gas in your area. :eekk:

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom