Sapphire 870

Mikey P

Administrator
sure it will fit

You wont be able to work on it much, it will overwhelm the front end of the van, you wont be able to carry premium accessories and it will be hot as hell in the van.

But yes, it will fit.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There is one for sale near me that the price is ridiculously low. Only 11 hours on it but they converted it to propane. I thought they sold it but just saw a new ad. Asking $15,500.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Here is a video of the inside of my can. Its tight. Glad I moved up to a Promaster. But it will give you a better idea what I was dealing with. Keep in mind also, the van in the video was a short wheelbase.

Attachments

• 9F2B548B-B4AD-4AF3-8E29-D22CF13F9D6F.MOV
    241.6 MB

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Here is a video of the inside of my can. Its tight. Glad I moved up to a Promaster. But it will give you a better idea what I was dealing with. Keep in mind also, the van in the video was a short wheelbase.

View attachment 100370
Mines the regular wheel base. I don't usually use a hose reel, I just hang my hoses instead. Looks like it's doable. I'd have to see how to convert it back to gas and get a fuel kit. I really don't need all that power but better to have too much than not enough. Probably be the last truck mount I would need to buy.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
should be cheap as chips to run on propane, heard of guys here running 570s and 575s on propane as thats how that engine is configured to run in forklifts
Be nice to find a propane van as well. Propane is almost half the price of gas. The people selling the machine had it in a trailer using forklift type tanks to power it.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
On one hand I’d say leave it, but on the other it could be a pain. I run propane buffers that are spread all around the metro. My job is to keep em filled.😏

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Reminds me of the powerclean genesis 56. One guy sent me a pic of his in a chevy conversion van with the seats taken out.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
what's the guy's story and what's wrong with the TM?

colour me a skeptic now
thinking sump'ums gotta be wrong ....froze maybe??

.LT.A.
I am always skeptical. I might just take a look, see if they let me run it up. I think it's been difficult to sell because of the propane conversion but it could have froze being in a trailer.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I am always skeptical. I might just take a look, see if they let me run it up. I think it's been difficult to sell because of the propane conversion but it could have froze being in a trailer.
Wish I was there to help you out. I would run it through some sea-trials for you. 11 hours seems like a really good deal. Almost too good to be true. Really the best way to get to know it is to fire her up, clean some tile with everything turned to max and psi set at 1200. See if she blows apart or leaks. Be sure to turn off the chem injection pump though, you don't want to chew up the rubber pumper thing.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Wish I was there to help you out. I would run it through some sea-trials for you. 11 hours seems like a really good deal. Almost too good to be true. Really the best way to get to know it is to fire her up, clean some tile with everything turned to max and psi set at 1200. See if she blows apart or leaks. Be sure to turn off the chem injection pump though, you don't want to chew up the rubber pumper thing.
Their initial price was $40,000, which I guess was close to what they paid for it. Price kept dropping, last I saw was $25,000 then it disappeared. I thought they had sold it. Just saw it advertised again for $15,500 by what looks like the same people, same area. My first thought is what is wrong with it. I'll get in touch with them and see whats what.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
donno about Dudge vans
think Chevy's 3/4 ton vans 8600 GVW and Ford's is 8900

empty cargo van weighs in around 4700 give or take

3500+ payload capacity

what's the 870 weigh?
and capacity of waste tank? ('case you can't drain on-site and have to carry carpet nectar)

and how many CimexSpiderBorg machines do you carry?

.LTA.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
donno about Dudge vans
think Chevy's 3/4 ton vans 8600 GVW and Ford's is 8900

empty cargo van weighs in around 4700 give or take

3500+ payload capacity

what's the 870 weigh?
and capacity of waste tank? ('case you can't drain on-site and have to carry carpet nectar)

and how many CimexSpiderBorg machines do you carry?

.LTA.
The 870 weighs about 1720 lbs with console, tanks and hoses. Add another 1000 lbs for a full waste tank and you're almost at the limit. Add a 200 lb driver and that's about it.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom