Sacramento Rug Works??

Ron K

Any info about them? How they Clean Rugs?????
Couldn't find a Web-Site?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yup, been there many times. Bunch of a-holes... :lol:

Ok, I had one bad experience. lol

I used to bring all my rugs to them to clean for me....I couldn't tell you if they're still around or not...been a few years.

Man, I'm no help at all am I?

Ron K

A client called said they did it for a lot less then we were going to charge, didn't know if they were Spit and Suck or Splash and Dash or O P and Dopey.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
they've been around for almost a century...changed ownership several times obviously...my old boss used to sell them Steam Genie chemicals to them in the 80's and 90's...they have a warehouse for area rugs....not sure what's going on with them now....that's sucks if they're a hack company now because they've always had a good rep here

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I know they have some TMs driving around...or they did. But all their rugs where done at the shop like Bill said.
They always did good work for me. And I refered to them a TON of people. Then they rubbed me the wrong way one time... I still sent them work because I didn't have anyone else...I guess they could be asses if they wanted. lol

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I've always refered afghan and persian rug jobs to them since I've been in biz...i've been inside the area rug part of their shop, when I delivered chemicals to them, i was a 17 year old kid at the time and never seen area rugs hanging from rafters and guys hand cleaning rugs on the ground so i was obviously impressed at the time

Ron K

I appreciate the info. New customer had a rug cleaned there about four years ago, a Bachtiari, said it was 1/3 the cost maybe up here in Seattle we shouldn't be charging $7.00 a sft .

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Hey Ron,
There are old-timer rug cleaning shops everywhere that clean cheap. They're the guys that don't have a website, don't belong to trade associations and don't believe you can charge more than $2.25 per foot to clean rugs ($1.25 wholesale) and complain that there's no money in rug cleaning anymore.

They go out of business when lack of maintenance finally catches up with their equipment.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I steer all my wool rug customers there but have never actually met them. They date back many years and word on the street is generally very good. My custies have reported back the same, very good.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
i just met a fella at the gas station this morning named Ed who own's Pressluff in Sac...nice guy... any N Cal guys wanna refer him...he has an area rug plant and does the p/u delivery thing as well..... http://www.pressluft.us

tim

Pressluft guy is a super nice guy and very knowledgeable! I am currently attending the Master Rug Class with him and I was very impressed with his experience and knowledge.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
tim said:
Pressluft guy is a super nice guy and very knowledgeable! I am currently attending the Master Rug Class with him and I was very impressed with his experience and knowledge.
he was telling me about a class he went to in Dallas TX recently...small world huh?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
The Great Oz said:
Hey Ron,
There are old-timer rug cleaning shops everywhere that clean cheap. They're the guys that don't have a website, don't belong to trade associations and don't believe you can charge more than $2.25 per foot to clean rugs ($1.25 wholesale) and complain that there's no money in rug cleaning anymore.

They go out of business when lack of maintenance finally catches up with their equipment.

I remember a few years ago when the a big LA plant wanted to raise their price to 75 cents from 35...but the dealers said they'd pull their biz (85% of their biz was for dealers) so they settled on 55 cents.

The owner bought a gas station so he could try to make some "real" money...with a plant doing a ton of wash making him nothing.

This is the danger of not getting out of your "box" and seeing new ways of looking at the world of business.

You are soooo right Bryan...

Lisa

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Sorry about staying off topic...

Lisa,
Those are some pretty low prices!

We had a large rug dealer here say they would move all of their rug cleaning to us as long as we charged $1 per foot. They were leaving their long-term cleaning provider because they raised wholesale prices to $1.25. Not finding any interst at a dollar, they bought a used machine and set it up as cheaply as possible, ran it until they found out their cost was more than a dollar a foot and went back to the guys that were charging $1.25.

The rug dealer charged his customers $5.25 psf.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom