Runners

Name
Austin Willoughby
What are you guys using for a decent runner? I'm looking at these but don't like the idea that they don't have a fabric top to absorb some overspray. Thoughts?

Screenshot_20231008_195811_eBay.jpg

Name
Nate W.
I've seen tarps, drop cloths, beach towels, door mats.. What purpose are you trying to use it for? Don't overspray and if you do, wipe it up fast so that dirty tile/vct/sheetvinyl they don't want to clean won't have a clean line.. Or you'll be cleaning it for free..

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
I've seen tarps, drop cloths, beach towels, door mats.. What purpose are you trying to use it for? Don't overspray and if you do, wipe it up fast so that dirty tile/vct/sheetvinyl they don't want to clean won't have a clean line.. Or you'll be cleaning it for free..
Purpose is to protect the floor specifically from the hot hose and potentially overspray but yea I usually wipe overspray up immediately. I use moving blankets around or under furniture when spraying those

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm all for good advice. Maybe you should charge for your genius.... lol
Be sure to vacuum every job, even if the carpet is already vacuumed just to show that you have nothing better to do
Show how much arthritis you have by using a hole glide
And clean the carpet with 350psi so you can do half the work needed
And go buy a giant vortex truckmount, even if you don't have 3 wands going all the time.

Marty's a douche

Name
Austin Willoughby
we sell rug pad wizard
so we use the scrap pieces.
some times a client will ask what it is and i have an opportunity to sell some.

which reminds me its time to replace the ones in my van.
That's pretty clever. I've considered doing entry rugs and all like Stanley steemer does. I'd imagine you have to have a bulk amount to make a profit though

Name
Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
Shuebee has a couple different options. I think if you ask them they will send you out a little square sample. It's one of those things I have on my list that I never buy.

I use moving blankets from Harbor Freight. That are also handy for doing upholstery and protecting the floor from overspray.
Moving blankets from harbor freight is what I'm currently using but they're bulky slide everywhere while working and don't absorb crap lol. They're more a hazard than anything. They do keep overspray off for furniture cleaning for sure tho

Reactions: Living The Dream

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
we sell rug pad wizard
so we use the scrap pieces.
some times a client will ask what it is and i have an opportunity to sell some.

which reminds me its time to replace the ones in my van.
Water barrier inside, non slip, thick enough to cushion tool drops. Washable. Find someone that sells the stuff and see what they'd charge for some scrap. They might even give it to you. Either way it's cheap enough to toss if it gets too gnarly.

Reactions: Austin Willoughby

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom