Rugs, not drugs! (frickin' biz problem only in CA...)

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Here's a business problem you won't see in most states.

A marijuana dispensary opened up across the way from our rug plant. So now we have drug plants across from the rug plant.

I realize some do need the medicinal use of pot... but the people who dropped by "lost" over the past few days were not anyone I'd let wander in the lobby without having an eye on them.

So - besides the smart ass remark of "go get high!" - what would you guys do?

I know pot gets the reputation as the "warm and fuzzy" safe drug - but any business that is cash based, and weed based, has a big boost in odds of crime and violence... in fact, shocker, their office got all it's windows smashed in over the weekend from a break-in. New meaning for a grand "opening."

We put signs on our doors with our address and company in BIG FONT so they don't have to squint. :shock: But this may be the last hint from God to encourage us to move. Which is a shame - we've been there for over 22 years.

Only in California... I don't know why they do not dispense at the hospital instead.

Lisa

Bjorn

try and co-op with the new business

with every 100 dollars in pot sales they give a coupon for your rug cleaning business

or put a candy vending machine in front of your store

SALE SNIKERS BARS AND MOON PIES

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Odin said:
try and co-op with the new business

with every 100 dollars in pot sales they give a coupon for your rug cleaning business

or put a candy vending machine in front of your store

SALE SNIKERS BARS AND MOON PIES

That's pretty funny. =) But seriously...even though we have a number of "Peace Corp" Boomers who began collecting rugs "in the day" as customers - and I know they have a toke now and then... this is a crime issue. Their first week here, already a break-in.

I don't care how "okay" pot is to our liberals in this state - any all-cash business is going to attract the wrong crowd no matter how you try to package it differently.

Just another headache from our state...
Lisa

Bjorn

yeah

so keep plenty of change for your ice cream vending machine and put it in at night

maybe you could start selling bongs

Cameron1

Ahhhh...ya gotta love the left coast.

Get high, sky high......then walk across the street to lisa's for a magic carpet ride .

Hell yea. I think I would move.

Bjorn

wait where is your compassion for these sick people don't they need a note from a doctor to even legally buy these life saving medicine

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
just don't need them realizing that some of those rugs you clean are worth $1000's

They didn't put it at the hospital because they knew the problems that would occur and didn't need the hospital being broken into

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I know a guy for a fee can make problems disappear i'll text with the day .. make sure you have a solid alibi

Jamesh921

Name
James
(Sign on front door)

"We do RUGS, not drugs"

or

"CAUTION!! Angry drug sniffing pit bulldog with aids on premisis. Enter at your own risk"

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
steve said:
Ron K said:
You started it Lisa...you said you clean Hemp Rugs.

I hope that's not painted on your door

I actually had a workers comp audit with them asking about hemp rugs because one of my online articles listed as some natural plant fibers made into rugs - sisal, seagrass, and hemp. I told them we don't do those rugs - but they got all weird about it, and it was going to raise our rates.

So no... we don't do hemp. =)

Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom