Ruggies....

-JB-

Name
JB
Pine sap (Christmas tree) on while cotton fringe, best suggestions plz.

thanks kids. !gotcha!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
es simple no?

If I did it... I'd blast them then detail them.. (ie pressure washer the fringe and then detail them) But You'l prolly do well with an upholstery prespray or even a good detergent. use a brush to comb in the detergent pulling out as you do straighten the fringe. Then extract with an acid rinse, a porty would actuelly be better for extraction as the suction of a truckmount can be a little harsh on fringe. Give a good dry stroke, then drap both sides over a table and use a fan on one end to dry both at the same time.

-JB-

Name
JB
It's not like a nightmare situation or anything like that, mainly just a few goobers is all, I just know how hard that crap is too get of your hands when ya get it on them.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Yuppers, i hate cutting/ pulling evergreen bushes or trees, the sap is a nightmare but with some good detergency, should clean up pretty good, and as long as you leave it on the acid side, you'll prevent most browning.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Soften up the goobers with rubbing alcohol and then flush with an upholstery tool, towel off and repeat..

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Turepenes come from a tree.

Like dissolves like. !gotcha!

But never mix your metho with orange juice. blowme

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Brian,,, you love turpentine.. don't you!!?
For pitch or hardened linseed oil, yes, but only as a first choice on fringe or a flatweave. I'd recommend a gel solvent first if the pitch was in the nap of a rug just because it would be easier to rinse. Some alcohols will also work, but may dissolve the surface of a pitch blob and flash off like a volatile solvent. If the pitch is heavy turpentine will make faster work of it than alcohol.

Lots of ways to go about removing pitch.

-JB-

Name
JB
Thanks Oz, turpentine worked awesome, I would not likely have tried that one w/out your advice, so again, Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom