Rug drying help?

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
i recently began to hang dry my rugs instead of drying flat. Each of the rugs that I have hung have developed a bulge or stretch on the edges where they meet the pole. How do you guys get arround that?

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Heat, wind and poles with a radius so rugs don't crease.

Here is my set-up:

It helps a great deal to have a Centrum Force horizontal centrifuge or a MOR compression wringer or even The Rug Sucker kit with a truck mount or ETM. If you need help thinking through it, feel free to call me: 734.260.5038

Reactions: Mikey P

rmann

Name
Robert Mann
If you are getting 'bulges' at the edges then you need stiffer poles. The edges are stretching because the poles are bowing or deflecting. You can buy a spinner as suggested - not a bad idea - and it will reduce the weight of the rugs being hung, thus possibly solving the problem. The cheaper, and more certain, solution is install stronger poles. Plastic sleeves are a nice but they won't solve the problem is your poles are not flat under load.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If they're too heavy and you can't get any bigger pipes, have you thought about building a floor to lay them on made out of pallets to let the air get underneath them?

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
More rigid poles as suggested will help and prevent this type of crease. To fix the problem on the rug that's effected currently.... wet the rug out, extract and dry flat or you can try steaming the affected areas and applying weights (even just your body weight dispersed across a 4-5ft 2x4 can do it) to press out the creases.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We use galvanized pipe 10 foot long that we have Plastic drain tile pipe around the pipe.

We have 3 hanging pipes in the shop currently for the amount of rugs we do... But yesterday we had a huge rug we had to floor dry... And now today we have a urine soaked rug that is pretty big also might need floor drying as well. Not too often we have these larger rugs in our place

Reactions: Cleanworks

Ron K

Extract well they shouldn't drip.
Straight poles and on the bias does help a lot also as stated above.
Get an Armenian Centrifuge, they work well.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I have a 10 foot piece of galvanized pipe from the top of a chain linked fence that has a section of 2inch vac hose threaded over top. It doesn’t appear to be sagging but I could be wrong. I have done a slight angle on the rug but all that did was to make the bulges off center.
Currently I use my zipper and truckmount to do the extraction step. Never any drips from even the heaviest of rugs.
I wash my rugs on an interlocking grate that I believe is suppose to be used for parking cars on top of. So I kinda do the pallet thing already.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom