Removing Sheetrock

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
When I have to remove sheetrock I use a razor knife or sheetrock hand saw to cut along a line I put on the wall. Either way it is messy and time consuming. Does anyone use a circular saw or reciprocating saw? Does it kick up a lot of dust? What is the best way to remove sheetrock? Anyone have any tricks that they want to share?

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Google "Kett drywall saw". The best thing you can get. Looks kinda like a drill and has a vacuum attachment so you can recover dust with a HEPA vac. Around $450 I think. If you cut a lot of drywall it's the way to go.

We contain and put the area under negative air with an axial ducted outside. Then we set out rotozip xblade to the thickness of the drywall. It's very fast and the dust is minimal.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have one, it's easy to use, but it's a hassle to setup a HEPA vac and the Kett unless you're doing large areas.

It helps a lot, but it does still make some mess, and of course it clogs the HEPA and eventually you have to replace a HEPA filter.

We used it mostly back in the Mold hey day and don't use it much on WDR work, unless it were in an occupied space.

mold.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom