Ready for the Summer!!

G

Got me a 100 foot 30 amp dryer adapter(3 & 4 Prong); 50 amp stove adapter; gonna suck some carpet clean this summer and not use a drop of gas!! :D

I plan on running my booster, machine, 2 2000 watt heaters, and a power mate and not spend 1 dime on gas; Man I love my Recoil XPS System!!

:lol: :lol: :roll:

Farenheit251

Most of your house over 10 years old are going to be 3 prong. When I was doing restoration the three prong adapters kept burning out. Talked to an electrician and he explained something about needing the 4th prong to have a balanced load and said I was lucky I didn't start a fire. You will be standing on a wet floor holding a metal wand hooked up to an unbalanced load.
I'm sure there is someone here who can explain it better.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rjfdube said:
gonna suck some carpet clean this summer and not use a drop of gas!! :D

you haulin' it in your rickshaw, Slick ?... :roll:

You must be doing empty rentals
cause you're out of your mind if you think Mrs. Phiff is gonna want you to move her dryer or stove

.L.T.A.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It beats an extra $7000/yr in gas if you can put up with the hassle.

sorry I have to get past the mental block on using custys elect. I may be wrong but I would raise an eybrow if someone brought 4 cords in to clean my house.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do not know why people waste their time with these electric warmers err heaters. You blow out misses piffs dryer or stove your ******. On top of that it doesn't matter if they have bad electric service or not you mess it up at all and you own it.

R

rotovacguy

grouNd meAt said:
rjfdube said:

you haulin' it in your rickshaw, Slick ?... :roll:

cause you're out of your mind if you think Mrs. Phiff is gonna want you to move her dryer or stove

.L.T.A.

Idk, it's never been a problem for me, whether the custy is there or not.

Besides, in 99% of the homes out there, the dryer plug is mounted ABOVE the dryer (or at least high enough it doesn't need to be moved) and just pull out the pots and pans drawer for the stove, so nothing needs to be moved. Every so often you get one that was wired by a D.I.Y and is different, but usually not. I tap into them all the time, and keep my cords together with velcro straps, so it looks like one big cord, and is easy to setup and take down.

As far as the 3 prong versus 4 prong, I may be wrong, but I thought I heard that all homes built AFTER 2000 must have 4 prong units, homes built before then usually have 3, unless the owners upgraded them to 4 prong. I can't say I've ever had a problem with the 3 prong units, but I wired mine with an extra ground plug that goes to a grounded 110 volt outlet, just to play it safe.

Mikey P

Administrator
Art Kelley said:
It beats an extra $7000/yr in gas if you can put up with the hassle.

No it doesn't.

Setting up and breaking down that wagon train will add an extra hour and a half to a 3 or 4 job day. Not too mention the filling and dumping of the buckets, the moving of the washer drier/fridge. I may be overly generous with just an hour and a half.

Now lets say dufus here was able to muster up on extra job each day for the summer assuming he had a truckmount..
We'll pretend his summer is four months long so 120 days x's his job average which is probably .$75 = $9000.

Now what if he could pump one extra job out 250 days a year? =$18750

and he could cancel his ACE rewards card.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rotovacguy said:
grouNd meAt said:
rjfdube said:

.L.T.A.

Idk, it's never been a problem for me, whether the custy is there or not.

yes, and I'm sure she loves how you fill buckets from the tub and dump waste water in her toilet too.... :roll:

..L.T.A.

R

rotovacguy

Meat, as dirty as her carpets may be, I'm sure the water is no worse than when she drops a deuce, so I have no problem with putting the water in her toilet. :lol:

And even though I am a lowlife POG, I DO have auto fill, and auto dump, no buckets here.

Look, I'm not going to tell you it's all great and better then a truckmount, because it certainly is not. Maybe someday I'll get one, in the meantime, the way I'm doing it seems to be just fine to the custy's, as they keep calling me back, so it can't be bugging them too much.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rotovacguy said:
Meat, as dirty as her carpets may be, I'm sure the water is no worse than when she drops a deuce, so I have no problem with putting the water in her toilet. :lol:

And even though I am a lowlife POG, I DO have auto fill, and auto dump, no buckets here.

I got nothing against lowlife POGs.
I just know a lot of custys aren't happy about some of the things we do.

They rarely say it to you, but will say to the next CCr they call,

"the last guy did this, that and this. you don't do it that way do you?"

People can be funny.
If they're not immaculate house keepers, they don't want you in their laundry room or going into the basement where junk/storage is scattered.

If they are immaculate house keepers, they don't like the bucket brigade or hoses hooked to sinks and drain lines running to toilets

they won't say it to you, but they'll tell the other guy...
ask me how i know..

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Beats me how you guys, after about a gazillion threads on this subject, still muster the energy (not to mention the passion) to debate it.

You got your truck mount. You love it. Celebrate.

You got your portable. You love it. Celebrate.

However, if you want to discuss solving the health care problem in this country, gun control, religious fanaticism- now there's a good subject.

Who is first?

R

rotovacguy

I agree, Meat.

Like I said before, it ain't perfect, and I know that. You're always going to get those PITA custy's that you just can't please no matter what. :D

Kolfer, you are aware this is a carpet cleaning site?? BTW, I may own a portable, but never said I love it. It's a PITA, but I deal with it, not much to celebrate. Hit the bird room if you want to debate those subjects, I'm sure Carpet Scientist will be ready and willing. :roll:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
kolfer1 said:
Beats me how you guys, after about a gazillion threads on this subject, still muster the energy (not to mention the passion) to debate it.

You got your truck mount. You love it. Celebrate.

You got your portable. You love it. Celebrate.

However, if you want to discuss solving the health care problem in this country, gun control, religious fanaticism- now there's a good subject.

Who is first?

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN WE HAVE A BINGO!!!

Too many guys (Mikey :wink: ) making up for tiny doodles. I get tons of referals, repeats and compliments about the quality of my work, not some 90,000 dollar mortgage sitting in the driveway. My book is pretty well full for 2 weeks out. Good for anyone who can earn a good living with whatever they chose.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Booked for two weeks? I thought you quit your business and took a job making 48k.

Golden Boy

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
rotovacguy said:
I agree, Meat.

Like I said before, it ain't perfect, and I know that. You're always going to get those PITA custy's that you just can't please no matter what. :D

Kolfer, you are aware this is a carpet cleaning site?? BTW, I may own a portable, but never said I love it. It's a PITA, but I deal with it, not much to celebrate. Hit the bird room if you want to debate those subjects, I'm sure Carpet Scientist will be ready and willing. :roll:
Too many crazies there.
I like it here.

And now that you are involved, what do you prefer a vortex or a small estate in Hawaii?
There you go.......

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Isn't managing hoses enough trouble. Who in their right mind would want to deal with multiple extension chords? I can see if you have to, but actually want to?

Mike Draper

Mikey P said:
How would you like to haul that wagon train up a few flights of stairs?

I did that for 6 weeks when i first started......messed my back up for life. I was pulling it up the stairs, then I felt a riipppp, the cuss words started flying and I kicked that damn portable to the bottom of the stairs :twisted: . I bought a TM 2 weeks later and the rest is history.

Mikey P

Administrator
Booked for weeks at 2 jobs per day.

in that case I'm booked to August.

If I were making 50 to 60 a year cleaning carpet I'd use a fooken mop

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Waldo said:
Booked for two weeks? I thought you quit your business and took a job making 48k.

Golden Boy

Nope. Decided to stay the course. The only reason I stayed at it is I'm in the Top Twenty Five. :wink: I am in the top Twenty Five aren't I? I have to live up to the obligations and burdens that entails, with consideration for those who dare to reach our lofty goals and achievements. :lol:

It wasn't so much as giving it up Waldo, it was more just thinking of working normal hours,medical, dental,prescription coverage,disability coverage, along with lots of opportunities for advancement in a growing company.And 48K was just the starting point, so you can see why I gave it consideration. But my business gives me freedoms and opportunities that I'll never have working for somebody else. I just like being the captain of the ship. And I'm just plain too happy with what I do now to do anything else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom