Re-stretching carpet

Name
Evets
Installers around here charge about $3.50 per yard for installing, plus pad, plus tack strip, etc.
I'm thinking about $2.50 per yd for re-stretching. Does that sound about right?
This price would not include moving furniture.

Name
Evets
More money.
Thanks Lee.
I've got the skills, just want to pass them on to my son and make sure we're charging enough for the service.
I started working with an installer when I was 14 years old. Damn, that was 45 years ago. (I'm not as young as I look - lol)

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Installers around here charge about $3.50 per yard for installing, plus pad, plus tack strip, etc.
I'm thinking about $2.50 per yd for re-stretching. Does that sound about right?
This price would not include moving furniture.
Way too much. All you are doing is restretching. You're not cutting the carpet to fit, installing trim, installing new pad. I charge $90 a room to restretch.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Way too much. All you are doing is restretching. You're not cutting the carpet to fit, installing trim, installing new pad. I charge $90 a room to restretch.

$2.5/yd is cheap a 12x12 would be like $40

depending your area i guess. your minimum should be way higher than that imo.

Reactions: SamIam

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
I charge $150 Minimum for first room, $100 for any other areas. Reseaming is strongly discouraged.

Big bubbles, no troubles.

Can not compare to an install. Higher risk to repair the laziness of others.

plus being able too figure out why it failed. sometimes laziness but not always. i've found water damage and actual current water leaks, termites that rip tacks to swiss cheese or customer fault(being away from home all summer without AC on) not everywhere but huge difference in the desert

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
plus being able too figure out why it failed. sometimes laziness but not always. i've found water damage and actual current water leaks, termites that rip tacks to swiss cheese or customer fault(being away from home all summer without AC on) not everywhere but huge difference in the desert
95% of the time, not being power stretched in the first place.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I charge $150 Minimum for first room, $100 for any other areas. Reseaming is strongly discouraged.

Big bubbles, no troubles.

Can not compare to an install. Higher risk to repair the laziness of others.

I try not to open seams if at all possible, but sometimes in halls with multiple rooms connected you have to.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I got that, Mike
My hED scratcher was at Damon’s reply

“$2.50 i way too hi”

But gets $5 bukz a SY on a bed room

:headscratch:

..L.T.A.

I still think thats too high. 140 sqft bedroom needs a stretch. $350 to charge to stretch that one room seems like robbery. I’m happy if I get $90 for flopping down my power stretcher. If i ned to reseam, i add on $50.

Name
Evets
I still think thats too high. 140 sqft bedroom needs a stretch. $350 to charge to stretch that one room seems like robbery. I’m happy if I get $90 for flopping down my power stretcher. If i ned to reseam, i add on $50.
Damon, you keep confusing sq. yds with sq. ft.

Reactions: Nomad74

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G

$125/area sometimes ill drop to $100 if i have a lot plus furniture

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I still think thats too high. 140 sqft bedroom needs a stretch. $350 to charge to stretch that one room seems like robbery.

:headscratch:

is it reading or math you're deficient in??

at $90 per room, you're at $5.60 sq yrd
$2.50 sq yrd, which you said is "way too much"....is forty bukz

FRR

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Charlie Lyman

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom