Rampage, what is going on here?

Mikey P

Administrator
Small Silky has mystery blue line pop up on it's back after I got it wet with just water.

79rugs002.jpg

79rugs001.jpg

79rugs003.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
That my rug friend is a stencil mark that has bled through. Generally you find these on tufted rugs or hooked rugs to plot out the design. However, in this case it seems the weaver marked off the warps for easy ID when weaving. No way in this given world could you have known it was going to be there. And Lance, silk rug wash up just fine, as long as they are color fast and groomed properly to eliminate any texture damage afterwards.

trying to remove my cause more damage. If you cant see them on top then explain it was from the factory like that and no harm done.

And yes if they test fine for color fastness then wet clean would work great, But the dry clean would have avoided this and you can charge more for dry cleaning.

For future refferance bridgepoint has a chemical to help avoid this whene wet cleaning rugs and sofas.GL....

http://www.bridgepoint.com/products.htm ... how=330000

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Didn’t you watch the CD? … you now have the education of the rug pro/ elite at the fraction of the cost in one cheap & easy to use CD format perhaps you and Kennedy can watch it together.

It’s ugly enough to be a Costco rug the value of the rug is irrelevant if the owner has a sales receipt that’s the value the value is all over the board I’d say 2-300.00 I hope is the owner is old and the ugly colors match the time warped 1960-70’s interior décor living in decorative oblivion. Is it mercerized cotton? I can’t get a good look at the sides/ ends but the color makes me think Turkish or possibly Egyptian

Ta,Ta for now I’m busy starting my “lone wolf rug cleaning club”

P

pablomoreno

Mike

rub a little fels naptha soap into those bleed marks and extract with your enclosed jet PMF upholstery tool. Fels Naptha will take stains out on silk that nothing else can touch without damage.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
reminds me of the time I cleaned a chair that had been reupholstered, some dumbass used black construction paper on the corners like the arms etc and laid the white fabric over them, black bleed through like a SOB, fortunately the people didn't really care. anyways for silks I always foam cleaned with an acid shampoo and dry vacced them off, all done by hand of course

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom