question for cimex users

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i am going to need to use a extension cord tomorrow and was wondering what size would be best.
i have a 100' and a 50' 14/3 but dont have any 12/3..is one stretch of 14/3 good enough..i would never add more
than one ext cord no matter what size for fear of burning up the motor.
thanks

Fred Homan

I switched mine over to 100' of 12/3 and at times have added aother 100' of 12/3 acouple of years ago when I cleaned the jetways for Northwest Airlines/SCAB Air. It worked fine. Also, I cut my 100' cord off and put a plug and twist plug right at the machine. Makes it much lighter.

Fred

TimP

12/3 costs more for a reason. It can handle more power. You run the risk of fire and burning up your motor from lack of power. Since you paid 3 grand for your cimex it makes sense to be carefull.

Greenie

FAT cords cost, and are a bit heavy, but like FAT vac hose, it makes all the difference.

Fred Homan

Like I said before....Put a plug and twist next to the machine....100ft Much lighter without the cord on the machine.... :D....12/3....

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
You mean like this.........................?

2008_0118WaterdamageJulie0034.jpg

2008_0118WaterdamageJulie0033.jpg

The red box holds the two leads together and stops them from pulling apart, it also helps protect from any water.

These photos also show the large pneumatic wheels that I fitted a couple of years ago and make it so easy to take up four flights of stairs, (64 steps).

Ooroo,

:roll:

Fred Homan

Where can a person get those larger wheels? Why don't they come with the larger wheels? :shock:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Hubble make the best water tight 120 volt/20 amp twist lock connectors. You can get them at Granger or and local electrical supply house....

Hook the male end to the cimax and the female end to the 12/3 cord.....all you have to do is twist lock it into place and turn it on..I have been using Hubble cord caps for years and have yet to see one go bad.......

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
shorty has given explicit instructions on the Encap forum...anyone can do it.

i look forward to doing it myself sometime.

CleanEvo

Shorty, That Cimex looks like it's made you some money!

I use an extension with my Cimex all the time, the cord it comes with just isn't long enough for large commercial jobs. The longer you can keep the thing going in a straight line the better. Straight lines look better when finished too, I don't like all the marks from turning around a lot.

Greenie

Look like the same wheels from a Dehu?

are they really pneumatic, or just solid closed cell rubber?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Hey Greenwun, yep, they are fully pneumatic.

Pump in to them what you like.

I only inflate them roughly 2/3.

This keeps the tires flexible to roll over the step edge, or even the bullnose if they are there.

To much pressure and they are that much harder to take up the stairs.

Look at the first pic; the wheel on the off side, has the valve near the top, just in front of the height adjustment rod.

The near side wheel, you can just see the valve at the bottom, partially hidden by the small wheel.

Those wheels on the dehum; as you say, are bloody hard to take up & down stairs.

Taking Big Yella upstairs with the little wheels was like pulling up a 2400.

With the big wheels, it's like taking up a 1200 :wink: & being a lazy bugger, I always find the easy way to do things.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom