Q for you Golden Dragon hacks.

WISE

Buy it straight from a Zep sales rep....that is diluted crap at HD compared to what the reps carry.

We used to use it on engines when I owned a full service car wash.

And yes, I have used it on carpet--3 or 4 times prolly. If you don't puke blood, it makes a mockery of the Golden Dragon.

Did use it recently on some tile in a garage--worked pretty damn good--til I puked blood again. j/k

Stickin' with my PowerMax--add a lil extra SP and CTI Pro-Zyme if need be.

WISE

WISE

There is a guy here in town that I am told runs that crap through the wand at some ratio and that's it. :shock:

Commercial, residential, don't matter--that's his system.

Not sure if he is still around or not.

About 4 years ago we had this Chinese place and the lady would follow us around asking "You move that boof?" Every single booth in the place she would ask if we moved it. So we decided to give the purple a try on it as it was trashed....oh, it cleaned...but the benefit was it sent her to the parking lot to look through the windows! :shock:

Then I puked blood.

WISE

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
Can this stuff be used like all the other Purple/Butyl products as a Pre Spray booster?

yep

it's strong though and will have you hacking and coughing at heavy dilution ratios
we use it as a degreaser/all purpose cleaner in the sec 8 rehabs.
buy it in the 5 gal size and save a few dinars

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
So real Purple Power is wimpier?

the only Purple Power I'm familar with is sold in the Big Box chain auto parts stores.
Maybe in the auto section at Wal-Mart too.

Yes, Indusrial Purple is stronger than PP IMO

..L.T.A.

WISE

I still clean carpets for the Zep rep I had at my car wash. Actually, bought some stuff from him the other day-trigger sprayers.

Anyway, he told me that everything Zep has in HD is a diluted version from their industrial product line--Some with a completely adifferent name, just a weaker formulation of something from the industrial side.

They can't sell that stuff to Joe homeowner that they sell to industries like car washes, etc.

I remember changing out a drum of rim cleaner at the car wash...was in a hurry, no gloves. just moving the draw tube to the new 55 gal drum--Washed my hands after...skin was coming off in sheets, about an hour later I was sick as a dog! I learned a new respect for chemicals that day. Took about a week before my hands worked right after that. Face, arms, broke out with some kinda rash...it was NOT good.

WISE

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
how does that work compaired to greased lightning????

Fon Johnson

I couldn't sleep at night knowing the health hazard of leaving that stuff in my customers carpet. And please don't try to tell me that industrial stregth cleaners and strippers rinse freely from the carpet..

Greg Loe

That purple stuff can be great. Used it to clean dirty vent covers in air duct cleaning. Just dip the cover in a bucket of diluted stuff then dip in a rinse bucket, clean.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey:

Quote from the page:

"Not for use on some painted surfaces, aluminum, brass, copper or galvanized metals"

That would indicate corrosive
& pH~13+.

Larry

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I carry a gallon of a local janitorial supply house brand called "Citrus cleaner"

Its a delime/LYE high PH degreaser.

Only break it out for SLUM LORDS or special requests.

When ya gotta git in and git out and hed on down the road.

Prespray only.

Farenheit251

I get better results using a product like Powerburst or Cobb's Powermax triple strength without the health and liability issues. The engine degreaser cuts the grease well but there is also alot of soil.
Mike, you really should carry a tub of emulsifier for jobs like this.

When I was trying to get a chain acct. they had one location where previous cleaner couldn't get under booths. I tried purple,Powermax,Cleanstreak and straight citrus Misted on. Nothing worked to penetrate. Ultimately I got it out by making about 20 wet passes at 700 psi. Water made the Grand Canyon.

Back
Top Bottom