Purchases

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
To you guys that are O/O. When do you think it’s time to upgrade your TM or cargo van? I am fortunate to not have no debt or payments. But I feel it’s time to upgrade my van. I put to much money is into repairs.

Currently running a 04 express with a legend gt. I’ve been in business for 3 years in May. But if you are making payments to your equipment or van. What helped you make a purchase decision to either a van or TM or even both? I can’t wrap my head around a $700-$999 monthly payment.

Do you have enough commercial accounts that continually provide work. Or do you have enough residential clients that keep you busy to afford payments and other expenses?

Name
Matt Middleton
When it gets to the point of equipment breakdowns are losing you jobs it is time to reinvest.

Down time (lost revenue) can cost you a lot more than a payment.

Butler payments are pricey to some, but they work and work and work.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
To you guys that are O/O. When do you think it’s time to upgrade your TM or cargo van? I am fortunate to not have no debt or payments. But I feel it’s time to upgrade my van. I put to much money is into repairs.

Currently running a 04 express with a legend gt. I’ve been in business for 3 years in May. But if you are making payments to your equipment or van. What helped you make a purchase decision to either a van or TM or even both? I can’t wrap my head around a $700-$999 monthly payment.

Do you have enough commercial accounts that continually provide work. Or do you have enough residential clients that keep you busy to afford payments and other expenses?
It comes down to what you can afford. Take a look at the repairs you have put into your current unit over the last year and divide it by 12. If that payment is close to what you would pay for a new one, maybe it's time to do it.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
That's healthy payment. What shape is the Legend in? Can you buy a good used van and just move the tm over to?

Jondon has a nice 370 for 15k that is a repo there in Fl. Another in Texas for 13k with 600 hours. If you need a machine.
Yes I saw that no machine needed more of the truck.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
It comes down to what you can afford. Take a look at the repairs you have put into your current unit over the last year and divide it by 12. If that payment is close to what you would pay for a new one, maybe it's time to do it.
Thanks I will do that.

Reactions: Cleanworks

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you’re a white guy, buy new.
If you’re Mexican, you can buy used.
If you’re a black dude, you can buy used too, but make sure all the lights work on it, and your tag is not expired.

• Wow
Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
its not just about what your putting into repairs, the right image can mean a lot more than $1000/month worth for your business.

personally Im not a fan of the classic chevy express/E series look anymore, there is a sea of carpet cleaners rolling the same and all looking the same.

gotta be different to stand out

Reactions: LCCFL and BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
its not just about what your putting into repairs, the right image can mean a lot more than $1000/month worth for your business.

personally Im not a fan of the classic chevy express/E series look anymore, there is a sea of carpet cleaners rolling the same and all looking the same.

gotta be different to stand out
Kind of but I don't choose any services by the vehicle they drive. I research, read reviews and ask friends and co-workers.

I think you want to present a professional image and not drive a rust bucket. However a European style vs a Chevy wouldn't sway me one way or another.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you’re a white guy, buy new.
If you’re Mexican, you can buy used.
If you’re a black dude, you can buy used too, but make sure all the lights work on it, and your tag is not expired.
Am I allowed to laugh at that? Because I really want to

Reactions: J20770

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I ran my first rig 14 years, until it became evident it would probably need tons of repairs soon. Then I bought a slightly used Chevy and a new TM. I was able to get my monthly payment to $500 for a $32,000 rig. I try to avoid debt too but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I just increased my prices by enough to cover the payment plus a cost of living increase so really there's no extra financial burden. Just be sure you make enough in the slow months to make the payments. Since you have only been in business 3 years it might be best to hold off until you get your volume of work up higher. I know the first 3 years for me were not easy. Best of luck!

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I can’t wrap my head around a $700-$999 monthly payment.

Then you might not be ready to upgrade. If that amount worries you, then your revenue or profit aren't high enough to overcome your fear.

keep what you have. then each month put- say $900-- into a "no touch" savings account. If you can do this for 3-4 months comfortable then maybe you are ready to upgrade.

Good luck

Reactions: LCCFL

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Then you might not be ready to upgrade. If that amount worries you, then your revenue or profit aren't high enough to overcome your fear.

keep what you have. then each month put- say $900-- into a "no touch" savings account. If you can do this for 3-4 months comfortable then maybe you are ready to upgrade.

Good luck
3-4 slow months.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
I ran my first rig 14 years, until it became evident it would probably need tons of repairs soon. Then I bought a slightly used Chevy and a new TM. I was able to get my monthly payment to $500 for a $32,000 rig. I try to avoid debt too but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I just increased my prices by enough to cover the payment plus a cost of living increase so really there's no extra financial burden. Just be sure you make enough in the slow months to make the payments. Since you have only been in business 3 years it might be best to hold off until you get your volume of work up higher. I know the first 3 years for me were not easy. Best of luck!
Yes time is a factor. I’ve built lots of clientele. But not enough referrals. I give 100% every time that I wished people would notice more.

Reactions: Jim Williams

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Goodness, you can’t afford for your vehicle to be down even if you carry a porty (which you don’t). It’s tax deductible and your livelihood, so.

Reactions: LCCFL

steve_64

When I bought the WM a big upgrade from the bane my confidence shot up along with my income. I got a steal on it so it wasn't a financial burden but it was amazing how fast things changed.

Now I have a butler too that I haven't been able to use much in a year but the payments don't bother me because I need the deduction anyway.

If your equipment is holding you back then I say go for it. Just have a plan in place so you don't screw yourself. We needed the WM to keep up with demand and grow into other work we had been turning away.

Ask Brian H if they have anything coming up. Im paying $550 a month for a 2010 butler and van that gets a pretty good refurbish.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
When I bought the WM a big upgrade from the bane my confidence shot up along with my income. I got a steal on it so it wasn't a financial burden but it was amazing how fast things changed.

Now I have a butler too that I haven't been able to use much in a year but the payments don't bother me because I need the deduction anyway.

If your equipment is holding you back then I say go for it. Just have a plan in place so you don't screw yourself. We needed the WM to keep up with demand and grow into other work we had been turning away.

Ask Brian H if they have anything coming up. Im paying $550 a month for a 2010 butler and van that gets a pretty good refurbish.
I want out of a Chevy. Not looking into a box truck. But really like the promaster.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

I thought about it for a week, and I pulled the trigger on upgrading my Titan to the Everest 650hp. I don't dilly dally and think about it for a year. If I think the machine will give me better, faster results, and not hurt my $monthly budget$, then I normally pull the trigger. If you want a good, used Titan, I know where one is for sale. It'd be a good upgrade from your legend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom