Protector Sales

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My protector sales suck.

I include them in the bid, and have a little box where they can opt out and take it off for a new total. I give, free of charge, a six month spot and spill warranty with purchase of fabric protection. In order to take it off the bid, they have to initial a statement that reads:

I am choosing not to have fabric protection applied to my carpets. In doing so I am also opting out of my warranty. I have been advised that fabric protection is recommended to help restore the carpet to stain resistant capacity and aid in the prevention of permanent damage and discoloration of the face yarn.

75% of the time they opt out. I only charge 12cents/sq. ft for fab...

I also give a demonstration (blotter card) and if they have nylon carpet, I explain how nylon is made and that it needs to be protected.

Maybe I oughta get that tattoo removed from my face that says, "Don't trust this man!"

Al

Our protector sales are way up, Kyle is selling it like crazy!
More often then I ever did. All he does is ask.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Maybe it is just me Gary but the "check the box" idea seems a bit manipulative to me. (And believe me, "manipulative" is my middle name when working with homeowners!) Remember there is a thin line on coming across as high pressure when you are in the customer's home. My personal feeling is you are crossing it with this tactic.

Al is right. The best way to sell protector is just ask. Most don't.

I'm running behind this morning Gary so I can't post long (happy Marty?) but have I sent you my free special report on how to sell protector in the home? If not, just e-mail me (not PM) at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com with the word "upsell" in the subject line. (Offer open to everyone and there is no charge.)

By following the instructions in the report many of our SFS members have doubled their protector sales.

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS 25% does seem a bit low, Gary, especially if you are asking. Try my tips in the report and then let us know how you are doing in this thread. You should be closing at least 50%, probably more.

diamond brian

Yeah, that check the box thing might alienate you from the customer base you're working to build. Good idea, but the guys selling extended warranties at Dowecheatemandhow Motors do the same thing. You don't want to invoke the same negative emotions as the F & I guys, the rent-a-car guys, etc.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Steve, the "check the box idea" was on the estimate sheet I sent you to look at. :)

-JB-

Name
JB
Do you ask every time?

Have you taken any classes spaspificly pertaining to protector, and protector sales? Not IICRC. Try Craig Jasper's "Double your profits Guaranteed" class when it comes to town.

http://www.cleaninginstitute.com/

Very informative class, well worth the small fee. IMO. I sent my assistant and secretary last week, I think it will help their confidence a lot.

PS.

The check here thing sounds kinda sleazy to me too.

HURRY OFFER ENDS SOON!

ONE DAY ONLY!

GET 30% OFF THIS WEEK ONLY!

TWELVE MONTHS FREE FINANCING!

CALL NOW AND WE'LL KNOCK ONE PAYMENT OFF,

or my favorite, INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom