ProChem legend GT vac relief valve issue

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
So I thought I had this all figured out. The belts started slapping didn't look that worn so replaced anyway with new Continental's.
Then under load I noticed the vac gauge surging past 14" all the way to red before I ripped hose off. I took off vac relief valve and it was rather dirty soaked in simple green and lubed spring diaphragm seemed to be opening/shutting ok.
So at the job made it to about 5 minutes and the system bogged and belts were barking again! Fyi I did have these belts perfectly set @1/4" and were tight everything smooth. Basically I have a problem with it running under load but can't connect the conondrum between belt-vac relief?!?! Do I need a new valve? Blower? fwiw this is a 13' 23 HP, 1700hrs

Mikey P

Administrator
So I thought I had this all figured out. The belts started slapping didn't look that worn so replaced anyway with new Continental's.
Then under load I noticed the vac gauge surging past 14" all the way to red before I ripped hose off. I took off vac relief valve and it was rather dirty soaked in simple green and lubed spring diaphragm seemed to be opening/shutting ok.
So at the job made it to about 5 minutes and the system bogged and belts were barking again! Fyi I did have these belts perfectly set @1/4" and were tight everything smooth. Basically I have a problem with it running under load but can't connect the conondrum between belt-vac relief?!?! Do I need a new valve? Blower? fwiw this is a 13' 23 HP, 1700hrs
Pics?

12-13" is the manufacturer recommended setting

Reactions: bmxin

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
Pics?

12-13" is the manufacturer recommended setting

IMG_20230714_072106196.jpg

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
What did you need a picture of?
of the vac relief...
It's a 2013 year. I'll have to look at manual but could have sworn it was 13-14"
The vac relief is located at bottom of mariner hose off waste tank. How many turns of nut on VR to get 1" down?
I'll get that VR pic to you I had to VLM kit the job so have to move everything

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My dumbass had the same problem earlier this year and I bought a new blower that wasn’t needed

Do a lie detector test on your vac gauge and see if it’s accurate, check the gap on your spark plugs as well.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
What did you need a picture of?

It's a 2013 year. I'll have to look at manual but could have sworn it was 13-14"
The vac relief is located at bottom of mariner hose off waste tank. How many turns of nut on VR to get 1" down?
I'll get that VR pic to you I had to VLM kit the job so have to move everything
Turn it a couple turns at a time and test it until it comes down to where you need it.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Check the Lint trap and blower filter.
Check and change the blower oil.
Clean the "blower relief bolt"-- these are the bolt you remove to fill the oil and has a little hole in them.
Organize the van better--
Maybe the hoses are dripping water onto the belts and pulleys.
Wires and hoses can also be accidentally disconnected when cluttered like that, and this lowers your curb appeal.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Check the Lint trap and blower filter.
Check and change the blower oil.
Clean the "blower relief bolt"-- these are the bolt you remove to fill the oil and has a little hole in them.
Organize the van better--
Maybe the hoses are dripping water onto the belts and pulleys.
Wires and hoses can also be accidentally disconnected when cluttered like that, and this lowers your curb appeal.
Blower filter can get dirty need to be rinsed.

Maybe there's blockage somewhere send a towel through the system.

If it ends up where it's supposed to your good

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Yeah but it's bogging
My dumbass had the same problem earlier this year and I bought a new blower that wasn’t needed

Do a lie detector test on your vac gauge and see if it’s accurate, check the gap on your spark plugs as well.
Down.

Bogging down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom