Prochem asked our local distributor to have George out

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Prochem asked our local distributor to have George out for a class.

He told he them "I can't bring him out here, these guys would kick his as*!"

Kudo's to the distributor, maybe we expect more in Kansas, but he would take a verbal as* kickin at the very least!

Correct me if I'm wrong but are we not suppose to be about elevating the industry?

What was Prochem thinking?
:roll:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I was surprised that they asked me if I'd have him out too.

My response was similar, of course.

In retrospect, I don't think George is a bad guy. He'd be great fun, but then the problem would be someone might take him seriously and get into trouble on the job.

If George would be willing to clean up the technical stuff, he'd probably appeal to some people. We live more and more in a culture that wants to be entertained as much (if not more) than they want to be taught. HIs "Crazy George" approach might just do the trick for such people.

All things equal, I find his over-the-top, slightly (or not so slightly?) manic approach preferable to polished, politically correct insincerity.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jim
You're right, I didn't mean is a bad guy at all.

I enjoy being entertained, but when I attend or pay for someone to attend training, I want to come out of it with something of value.

Not just "man he was funny"! :roll:

Doug is an off the wall, over the top trainer (?).

Jimbo

If George's lovely wife was teaching the class.....it would be full!

Name
Evets
Anybody ever had Ernie David for Color Repair class?
You would LOVE to be entertained by George after 2 grueling days with him.
Personality like a lesbian Physics teacher.

harryhides

Name
Tony
People change and from what I hear, Prochem made George redo ALL of his videos and clean up his act.
He is an excitable young man who now regrets his dumb apple antics here. Same can be said for some of the public posting by some much older and more experienced trainers - even chairs of various iicrc committees - most of who have stopped posting on ANY boards. Does the name Taf, ring any bells ? I've no doubt that Joe P has pisssed off far more people than George ever has and he never came on as an "expert" sporting a pony tail. Rob Allen is trying to forget his many posts about his White Magic unit. freeflow and so it goes.

I will say this about George - I think that his approach and energy will appeal to many new and young entrants to this industry much more than some of our older, boring and more stodgy instructors.
Cleaning up the accuracy of his Videos is easily done with some sensible oversight.
Apparently he has "taught" in about 20 different locations - the real test is whether or not he is invited back.
I am hoping to see him next month and will decide for myself at that time if he is a walking time bomb or has grown in the last year.

I'd like to see the new improved George back here.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
No matter how entertaining, there is a point where an instructor has to have some substance and get serious so the student knows what's important. I think George will be OK if the Prochem folks are willing to keep working with him. He just needed to get out and meet more people and get some professional feedback on his 'show.' With a little more experience and help from others he may find the right balance.

Has anyone seen his presentation lately?

Given that many courses could be taught in under a day but are stretched to two or more to fit the 'standard program' a little more energy might be a good thing.

PS: Ernie David teaches a pretty good half-day dye class, which all the time he thinks it takes to teach color repair. Must be just as hard for him to stretch material as it is to listen to him try and do it.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm working on getting George back on here to show off his new act.

If all goes well we may see him in Poway as well.

how do you likes them apples?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
harryhides said:
some of our older, boring and more stodgy instructors.

Shame on you, Tony. After all that Yeadon and I have done for you- trashing us like this!

Island Boy

PS Hey, it takes nerve and a healthy ego for anyone to get up in front of an audience. Now if George has the guts to walk back into this cyber-pub full of Hells Angel types my respect for him will increase exponentially.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My evil interlink supplier just got back from the prochem convention in mexico. He brought back the new and improved george dvds. I watched his section on ink. He was explaining that if the ink removal didn't work, or if he cut too much of it out and left a bald spot that would be okay because he can just do a bonded insert and cut the carpet out. He then dumped solvent all over it, mixed it with citrus gel, violently scraped it with his duck-billed shears, and extracted it with his wand.

There are a lot better ways to do ink removal than starting with scissors and extracting with a full keyed wand stroke. In my opinion, the ink should be completely removed before the wand or any water touches the spot.

I'm hoping they accidentally gave my disty the old video by mistake, because if that is the new and improved technique I don't wanna know what the old videos looked like.

PS, Doug Heiferman is energetic and over the top but you also learn a lot about spot removal, pre-spray formulation and how to present yourself as a professional.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea, one of my supervisor saw on the tape where he dumped paint on the carpet and rinsed it out with his wand.

A miracle! :roll: Too bad it doesn't work that way in real life.

Let it set in a day or two, or a few weeks and then remove! :wink:

Chads

Supportive Member
Whose got a copy of his tapes I would like a copy or to borrow them I want to check them out for myself. I figure it would be quite entertaining.

Farenheit251

I like George. He sets a good example for what energy and entusiasm can achieve.
I think I need to have more of his ready,fire,aim approach.

I wouldn't call George for a carpet repair. I already know a much better repair guy. He lives in a rented duplex.

harryhides

Name
Tony
harryhides said:
some of our older, boring and more stodgy instructors.

Steve Toburen said:
Shame on you, Tony. After all that Yeadon and I have done for you- trashing us like this!
Island Boy

Tragically, I discovered that Bill is a few days younger than I, so that leaves him out. :p

Please note the word SOME, in the above sentence and try to settle down.

Mikey P

Administrator
I find him extremely entertaining.

If he can get and keep his facts straight he will make a mark for himself in the oh so boring world of IICRC teachers.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Until George's stuff doesn't include creating a toxic waste site on the carpet, he'll have to go back to "the drawing board".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom