Pricing car upholstery

GRHeacock

I did a number of them years back, while I still had knees that worked.

I put it on a time basis, at that time my wtw cleaning was $60.00 per hour, so that's what I charged for car interiors.

This includes carpets, doors and overhead.

Took an average of an hour.

I did prefer doing RV's though, not as much knee work on gravel driveways.

A couple of the right tools helped, too. Such as an extended nose detailing tool, Rug Rat turbine vac, etc.

Gary

G

I tried it...but one didn't want to pay for it. Lost money at $50 and $75 a car...or suv. One could make money and time doing motor homes with a swivel head stair tool though...and tell them $100 an hour with 1 hour min. One could hack out the little couch, some cushion, a chair or too...and the carpet in about an hour.

And when I do my own..or families...I can spend a good hour or two on them. Who would pay red board numbers for that?

But here up north, they are trashed from the salt and sand that the government uses to do the roads with. I can sweep the floor in the shop and get 40-50% of gravel from the tires.

Name
Steve Lawrence
We discontinued that service because the auto detailers price us right out of it. We'd charge $150-$200 usually and that was a pain for us. Cars can get REALLY DIRTY. Ever see a car after a Michigan winter? Yuch. Vacuuming could take 45 minutes.

We don't miss that service at all. Ever try cleaning 2 sofas in a room that's 4.5 feet tall? Yeah, it's like that. Then there's all the crud and spills in the carpets.

Of course some cars were easy but we found the simple solution was to quit 'em all. I don't even do my wife's anymore, ha ha.

-JB-

Name
JB
Got to go with Steve on that one, totally not worth the effort.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
We charge by the hour at $100 per and our average charge is $100. It's a pain but we do it for our established clients. We don't ever advertise it.

Ricky Thurman

I don't mind doing them. $60 for single cab truck, $75 for 4 door truck or car, $100-125 for SUV....ad $50 if it's leather or vinyl. They don't take long at all....and I don't do the headliners unless they sign a waiver releasing me from liability if the adhesive fails and the fabric falls.

RVs are great. I don't come off of the upholstery price for the smaller furniture. and usually charge $60 for the carpet which takes about 10-15 minutes.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Tons of work for crap pay. I don't do them very often.

But I will give them your number!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom