Price

1on1

I'm trying to get business, I think my price is to high, see I charge by the room not sq ft. I do my share of apartments, but I don't get the houses. I put out my fliers and the phone don't ring. Can someone tell me what should I do, do I lower my price, charge by sq ft, or what. Please help :cry:

Greg Loe

In Atlanta you should be selling crack, not cleaning carpet.
Or start a meth store. :shock:

John Watson

if you think your price is to high it probably is!!!!!!

You have to know what your value is!!!!

You need to know your costs and what profits you need to make to stay in business..

Or are you like so many dumb assed cleaners who call their comp. and say I can beat that..

What do you consider to high,

what do you charge for apts???

My residential starts at .45 per sq ft Commercial starts at .28

G

Without knowing the quality of work and prices you charge there is no way to tell if you are too high. You need to analyze how you are getting the word out.

If you are just putting fliers on the door, you probabally won't get a good response. Every month go to those same people, knock on the door and ask for their business. You may need to do it after 5:00pm or on weekends.

People buy from people. This will get you a higher rate.

Dave

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
For residential cleaning price isn't the main consideration.

They are more likely to choose by trust and convenience.

What can you do to convey trust?

Are you marketing materials professionally looking along with your van and your own appearance? Before after pictures? Do you have testimonials? Etc....

How can you make it convenient to do business with your company?

Do you clean on Saturdays? Can they leave after you get started?
Do you take credit cards? Etc....

Trevor Truitt

Isn't Atlanta one of the CC "death zones"?

Dave & Dave had good posts.

Your prices are too low for you to make a good living as an O/O.

Focus on quality, professional appearance, etc., not price.

Sorry, not much good to tell you.

Send me an email if you like and we can talk more.

Trevor

slowmotionjones@hotmail.com

Name
Jesse
How do you figure your price is to high? People here in vegas are cheap asses. There is heavy competition, They all compete on price and I have people call me all the time looking to get a ridiculous deal. they say their last guy did their 2k sqft 2 story for $99 and did a great job. Well why dont they use them again, their phone is turned off, out of biz. Your prices seem low to ok. When we started we charged what people wanted to pay that was .10-.15 per sqft. We quickly learned that wasn't enough, we raised our price about double on average and only lose maybe 25% more calls. Often when I quote lower to fill a gap because I know their cheap we still don't get it. That customer will take the cheapest person, and thats hard to be. I see 1.99 per room all the time here and many are stupid enough to fall for it. I've even had a old lady ask me at the end of a job why we charged her $200 when she had a coupon in her hand for some other co $4.99 per room. Should be $20 not $200 she said.

Name
steve snail
one / one

Take a carpet cleaning class asap! Then marketing, Upholstery, etc.

Zero in and draw a bead on quality, and you may still charge 200 for a whole house providing it is only a single wide in good shape.

steve r

wow odin being nice! lol
personally i dont know how to sell whole house cleaning for a set price. every home is different and i charge accordingly.sq.ft. price .35 scotchgaurd .15 i move furniture for free so i can charge to clean under it.heavily soiled and stains are extra because of materials and labor involved.
definitley take some classes and always work on image.you'll need to set yourself apart from the budget cleaners.
im $45.00 $65.00 $75.00 1 2 n 3 bds and im not charging enough.it breaks down to 11 to 14 cents sq. ft.
small comm. jobs 25 sq.ft.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
quit advertising your prices. take prices off your ad's. sell the bene's of your services and tell ppl about YOU. throw in a pic of you and your daughter/niece/grandkid/wife/dog/mother.

thanx --- Derek.

steve r

good point derek. i dont advertise my prices niether but i never understood the whole house price thing.too many variables for me. also there is plenty of work in nd around atlanta for a GOOD cleaner.

GRHeacock

When everything else is the same, the lowest price gets it.

Everybody and their uncle has a Truck Mount, and "The best cleaning ever or it's free", and competing for the lowest price at the least profit.

Spinning your wheels in my opinion.

Look in the yellow pages and see how many have the same kind of ad.

Find a niche, and market that. I came up with "Turbo Steam Cleaning", which nobody else has, so they cannot compete with what I have, and at top prices because I have no competition.

E-mail me if you want more info on "Turbo Steam Cleaning". dfrif@juno.com

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom