Powder vs liquid

sassyotto

Name
Paul
have to say that the powder I use does dissolve well. But if I want to fill the HydroForce to the top, first I get it half full, then mix in the powder, shake to get the powder to dissolve, then fill the rest with water and shake.

Its never clogged on me yet.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I quit using powders in a hydroforce; too many problems clogging. I spend way too much time trying to get it to dissolve, and it still clogs. Went to a pump-up for powders.
My mind reading skills tells me you had a bad experience with cobbs powermax and or chemspec enzall. Those were the two crappy powders that refused to fully dissolve.

Try something else. The other powders dissolve good.

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
I mix my powder in a pail, then pour into the hydro-force.
I've pre-mixed, allowed to settle for 1 minute, slowly pour half into a sprayer, add more hot water and repeat four times and toss the undissolved sludge away. I have even tried pouring through a mesh strainer and still had problems when I got to the job. All with soft water. This is with all I have tried (none of which someone named). Two different hydro-force sprayers.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've pre-mixed, allowed to settle for 1 minute, slowly pour half into a sprayer, add more hot water and repeat four times and toss the undissolved sludge away. I have even tried pouring through a mesh strainer and still had problems when I got to the job. All with soft water. This is with all I have tried (none of which someone named). Two different hydro-force sprayers.
Time to change your product. Powders that I use are Saiger's Code Red, prochem power burst, Procyon, clean free, soap daddy pryme Tyme, haven't had any issues.

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
Time to change your product. Powders that I use are Saiger's Code Red, prochem power burst, Procyon, clean free, soap daddy pryme Tyme, haven't had any issues.
Had the same with Prochem. Strangely though, I have no issues with my 5-gallon rinses, just add powder and fill up and it always dissolves. (Soap Daddy? Had to look that one up!):biggrin:

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
My mind reading skills tells me you had a bad experience with cobbs powermax and or chemspec enzall. Those were the two crappy powders that refused to fully dissolve.

Try something else. The other powders dissolve good.
You may want to take a higher dose of Ginko! Your mind reading skills need a bit of help. Though thank you for bringing those to my attention.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
Use hot, hot water and your worries are over.
I use very hot water to the point that my mixing bucket gets pliable. I appreciate your help here on the forum and will revisit trying all of your recommendations. I don't believe it is the current powders I use, but I will slow down and mix, mix, mix... and see if that works. The added solution heat through a hydroforce and convenience of it over a pump-up sprayer would make up for the time I used getting a powder to dissolve completely. Perhaps it is the lack of dilution that is in the concentrate that causes it not to break down. I don't have issues when I use it in a pump-up.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I use very hot water to the point that my mixing bucket gets pliable. I appreciate your help here on the forum and will revisit trying all of your recommendations. I don't believe it is the current powders I use, but I will slow down and mix, mix, mix... and see if that works. The added solution heat through a hydroforce and convenience of it over a pump-up sprayer would make up for the time I used getting a powder to dissolve completely. Perhaps it is the lack of dilution that is in the concentrate that causes it not to break down. I don't have issues when I use it in a pump-up.
What is your dilution set at on the HF? If you're anything over 4:1, it is harder to dilute it because you're putting in twice the amount of powder. I've noticed that when I mixed at 8:1, it took much longer to properly dilute it. Just a thought

If you're not set at 4:1, you might want to try that mixture

they live

Name
Steve
What doesn't mix will desolve easy on the next fill. I usually use cold water to fill the HF because the heat from the machine is enough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom