Please help! Blueline Thermowave shuts off

Name
Chris
It runs fine for the first 15 minutes, then it just shuts off. If I immediately crank it again, it will run for about 20 seconds, then shuts off.

After the machine cools down, I can run it for another 15 minutes before we start the whole process over again.

I emptied the waste tank, checked the coolant, etc.

From prior posts I've read, could it be some sort of safety shut off?

Someone also mentioned that the computer could be reset... is that difficult?

Any advice would literally save my life. I only have one extractor, so the doors are closed. Thank you.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Nissan or GM engine?

How is your oil level in the engine?

Temperature reading when it shuts off?

Does it shut down before you do any cleaning, or when you start to trigger the wand?

Orifice and Bypass Screen clean?

Reactions: Mike J and BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
^Jim's questions

and after it shuts down and won't start again/runs short period of time pull the wires from the high temp switch and see if it starts and continues to run. If it does and temps are normal replace switch

edit same with oil pressure switch

need more info for other possible issues

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Are you certain it was 20 seconds? I know it'll shut off after 10 seconds if the high or low pressure sensors on the water pump is bad. For test, unplug the two sensors and plug the connectors together to bypass them. Then crank the engine again to see if it runs

But I'm assuming since it runs for 15min, the engine might be overheating. Are any codes showing up?

Name
Chris
Nissan or GM engine?

How is your oil level in the engine?

Temperature reading when it shuts off?

Does it shut down before you do any cleaning, or when you start to trigger the wand?

Orifice and Bypass Screen clean?
Thanks Jim.

Is a GM.

I checked the oil level and it looks good.

The engine doesnt seem to be getting very hot. Even after it shuts off, it doesnt seem excessively hot at all.

Right now, if I just turn the extractor on and let it run, it will shut off after 12 minutes.

I took off the bypass screen and the other thing and it all looked clean.

My gut feeling is that there is something electrical with a switch or something.

Thanks for helping.

Name
Chris
^Jim's questions

and after it shuts down and won't start again/runs short period of time pull the wires from the high temp switch and see if it starts and continues to run. If it does and temps are normal replace switch

edit same with oil pressure switch

need more info for other possible issues
Hey Jim.

I think you might be on to something with the "high temp switch". It even shows it as a likely cause in the manual.

My only problem ... I cant find the dam switch. Im looking through the manual, but I cant find it anywhere.

Do you know where to access the "high temp switch"?

Thanks again

FredC

Village Idiot
I don't know exactly where it is on that engine but you'll be looking for it in the cooling system probably near the thermostat/head with two wires

not one wire...that will be a sensor for a gauge

*I'm not a 1000% sure it has one

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
There is the engine temp sensor right under the ignition coil screwed into the block on the top left side of the machine. The only thermostat doesn't have any wires near it on the right side, feeding the antifreeze into the coolant heat exchanger.

Did you ever check for any codes on the light?

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hey Jim.

I think you might be on to something with the "high temp switch". It even shows it as a likely cause in the manual.

My only problem ... I cant find the dam switch. Im looking through the manual, but I cant find it anywhere.

Do you know where to access the "high temp switch"?

Thanks again
Any updates?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom