Phoenix R200 Dehumidifier issues

Jimbov2786

Name
james Valzania
Hey everyone,

I am a supervisor at a restoration company in Nj. About 5 years ago we purchased 5 phoenix r200 dehumidifiers. They worked great but in the last 2 months all 5 of them started to blow cold humid air instead of the warm dry air they are supposed to. They are pumping out about 65 degree air with 57 percent humidity. It looks like the condensate pump needs replacing. What I want to know is if this is a known issue and what causes it? Is it just an age issue? It just seemed weird to me that they all failed around the same time. I have dri eaz evolutions that are older that still work. Any info or feedback you can give would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: Joeytechman

Jimbov2786

Name
james Valzania
I did reach out to Phoenix. They claimed that they have never had any problems with any components on that model. Which is why I am reaching out to the restoration community to see if anyone else has had any issues with this model and discuss what they were. Thank you anyway for the response.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Phoenix has been very good with over the phone technical advice. They should be able to walk you through some simple trouble shooting. Finding someone to repair my dehumidifiers in a timely manner here in Connecticut has always been a problem.

Are you using or storing them in a cold climate? Maybe they're in defrost mode.

Jimbov2786

Name
james Valzania
No it was not a defrost issue. From what I have researched and found out it looks like a some of the extension cords we were using were either not up to the proper amps for that type of dehu or sometimes have to use a long extension cord to run upstairs in house so as to not overload the circuit. It seems that doing that over time wears out the compressor. Needless to say I replaced all our extension cords with heavy duty ones. As for the repairs I do them myself if I can. If I can't I send them out to a company called aramsco. They have a location close to us in South Jersey. I believe they have a location in wallingford, CT. I don't know if that is close to you but they do repairs and the prices aren't to unreasonable. They also sell a wide range of restoration and cleaning products. You may already know of them. Anyway it looks like I figured it out. Thanks again for your response

Joeytechman

Name
Joseph Kenny
It is common for the condensate pumps to fail. The reservoir fills and there is a float switch that cuts off the compressor. The pumps are a magnetic rotor in a plastic housing, they wear out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom