Patents

Its me

Name
Ivan Turner
A couple of days ago I read a post regarding Patents and Trademarks. I''m posting my Trade Marked Device.

20230716_125503 (1).jpg
20231008_141459.jpg

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
That's great to hear that you've trademarked your device! Trademarks are essential in protecting your brand and distinguishing your goods or services from others. However, it's important to note that a trademark and a patent serve different purposes in the realm of intellectual property.

A trademark is a word, phrase, symbol, and/or design that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of others. It is primarily used to protect brand names and logos used on goods and services.

On the other hand, a patent is a form of intellectual property that gives its owner the legal right to exclude others from making, using, or selling an invention for a limited period of years. Patents are granted for new, useful, and non-obvious inventions and are typically used to protect an invention or a significant improvement to existing technology.

While it's fantastic that you've secured a trademark for your device, if it involves a unique or improved technology, you might also want to consider securing a patent to protect the invention itself. This would prevent others from copying not just your brand, but the technology behind your device as well.

Remember, it's always best to consult with a patent attorney or a professional specializing in intellectual property to understand the best strategies for your specific situation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom