Packing up the van... Pics of strip & refinish added

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
For a big floor strip... Gonna demo the new FloorCare MD line for the first time... Wish me luck...

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Re: Packing up the van...

Just finished the job... The Bonesaw stripper & DimaondBack grit impregnated strip pads worked great! I normaly use about 7-8 gallons of stripper concentrate in this building, this time I used 2 1/4 gallons of concentrate. The tile was butt-nekkid in 2 passes and no stripper headache...

And the Elixer Floor finish lays out nicely& levels really well. I even tried to make mop lines... Couldn't do it and it goes a mile. I normally use about 9 gallons on 4 coats with I Shine but got the same shine with 3 coats (4.5 gallons)...

I have pics in my phone as soon as I get them out I'll dazzle you all with my mad skills... Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to sleep.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Re: Packing up the van...

stripclose.jpg

stripfar.jpg

finalbuff3.jpg

FinalBuff2.jpg

FinalBUFF.jpg

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
New brand of VCT chems:
http://encapstore.com/cart/index.php?ma ... x&cPath=26

I wanted to try them & make sure they were as good as they said before I said anything about them being on the site. If the rest of the line works as well as the 3 I triedthis weekend... I'm switching & you guys know how I love Spartan's floor care products. This could be just what the doctor ordered.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
how come you are buffing the flooring? not going on smooth enough?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
No it leveled out great... I actually tried to make mop lines & couldn't do it. I buff every coat to make sure it's as hard and reflective as possible. Buffing finish creates heat which helps cure the finish and has the beneficial by-products of making it shine better and allowing the following coat to spread more easily. Anyway, I thought it looked great for 3 coats.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
it does look great,i just used a burnisher for the first time and the floor that was the worst strip nightmare i ever worked on look like a pool when i am done with 4 coats of a wax made by premiere

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Just remeber the 2 coats that are most important to buff are the 1st & the last... The others are just bonus shine. Oh & dust mop after you burnish, especially if you're laying more coats.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
heres some pics of a loaded up van going to a strip job

000_0050-1.jpg

000_0049-1.jpg

000_0048-1.jpg

Think i was on the way to do 2 family dollars, over 2 hrs away...i was staying over night then doing 1 the next day......

2 26"auto scrubbers.....a 24" propane stripper, 1 20" stripper(made to get close to edges)....3 mop buckets, wax bucket, some chems, and other misc tools...doodle bugs, scrappers, etc

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i do....here is most of the same stuff in the box truck....PLUS a TM

100_2074.jpg

100_2075.jpg

that was when i was running my TM stuff in a 6x10 trailer :| :| :| :| :|

oh this is before i put the everest in it...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom